Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leveling a very unevrn floor

I have 2" rough cut oak(some warping)sub floor. It was covered with
partial wood and it was still uneven. Can I put a soft foam installation
between this rough oak and new MDF subfloor to level it out? Or is their a
better idea? Remodeliong a strange house need help on ideas. Thanks for
your help Rethabs1

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 8, 12:12*am, (rethabs1) wrote:
I have 2" rough cut oak(some warping)sub floor. It was covered with
partial wood and it was still uneven. Can I put a soft foam installation
between this rough oak and new MDF subfloor to level it out? Or is their a
better idea? Remodeliong a strange house need help on ideas. Thanks for
your help Rethabs1

snip

Rough cut oak subfloor is probably full 1" and might well be machined
flat (or flatter) with a rental floor sander. A long 6' level would be
helpful as a guide.For impossible sections because of age or whatever,
leveling compounds can be helpful. Consider plywood for the new base.
MDF is fine for situations where no moisture will ever be present, but
in a bath or kitchen it reverts to 'crumble board' when the inevitable
disaster occurs. Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Sep 8, 3:12*am, (rethabs1) wrote:
I have 2" rough cut oak(some warping)sub floor. It was covered with
partial wood and it was still uneven. Can I put a soft foam installation
between this rough oak and new MDF subfloor to level it out? Or is their a
better idea? Remodeliong a strange house need help on ideas. Thanks for
your help Rethabs1

-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Want it done right? Rip it all down to the floor joists and start from
scratch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rethabs1 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-329960-.htm
:

Joe wrote:

On Sep 8, 12:12=A0am, (rethabs1) wrote:
[...]

Floor leveling question Chris Woodworking 4 February 19th 08 01:59 AM
Leveling Kitchen floor with floor tiles [email protected] UK diy 3 July 9th 07 04:28 PM
leveling a floor Art Home Repair 3 November 22nd 06 01:20 AM
leveling floor david Home Repair 4 June 20th 05 01:33 PM
Floor leveling barry martin Home Repair 2 August 30th 03 10:54 PM