Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for Whirlpool gas dryer solenoids... google comes up empty

Hi folks,

I believe one or both of the solenoids in my ~10 year old Whirlpool
Ultimate Care II Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus dryer are failing as the
system heats up briefly, then cools down, with a constant chatter from
the solenoid area whenever the burner should be running.

I dissassembled the dryer and removed the two parts. One was labeled
99342B A and the other was labeled 99333A A but when I put this into
google I don't get relevant results. Parts stores come back with no
match.

Any thoughts what I need to do here?

TIA

Marc
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nobody" wrote in message
. ..
Hi folks,

I believe one or both of the solenoids in my ~10 year old Whirlpool
Ultimate Care II Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus dryer are failing as the
system heats up briefly, then cools down, with a constant chatter from
the solenoid area whenever the burner should be running.

I dissassembled the dryer and removed the two parts. One was labeled
99342B A and the other was labeled 99333A A but when I put this into
google I don't get relevant results. Parts stores come back with no
match.

Any thoughts what I need to do here?

TIA

Marc

Try www.repairclinic.com It is possible those numbers have been replaced
and this will let you find the new ones.

Also possible that you have to buy an entire assembly, not jus the
solenoids. Look under gas valve components when using the parts detective.
They show an old and a new style. The photos will help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

. ..

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Trywww.repairclinic.com*It is possible those numbers have been replaced
and this will let you find the new ones.

Also possible that you have to buy an entire assembly, not jus the
solenoids. Look under gas valve components when using the parts detective..
They show an old and a new style. *The photos will help.- Hide quoted text -

Most of the online appliance parts stores have parts diagrams. You
put in the model and can reference the part you need on the diagram.
Posted to alt.home.repair

They're referred to as coils. Very common replacement. Any appliance
parts shop will have them.

whirlpool gas dryer Rog Home Repair 3 September 3rd 06 12:43 PM
Whirlpool Gas Dryer Ether Jones Home Repair 5 February 1st 06 12:56 PM
Whirlpool Gas Dryer Daremo Home Repair 2 February 21st 05 03:44 AM
Help with Whirlpool Dryer BGBevill Home Repair 2 November 14th 04 02:48 PM
Whirlpool dryer WHoME? Home Repair 4 October 22nd 04 03:29 AM