Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Inserting a tee here?

Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 12:43*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Depends on what is in the pipes, and how much pressure it is under.
A Tee could be as easy as taking a sawzall and cutting out an inch or
so & putting in a compression Tee,
or as complicated as cutting out enough (exactly) for a union, nipple
and Tee and threading the cut off ends.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 1:43*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Define "here".

I see three pipes and no indication of where you want to put the tee.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I had much the same thought.

That said, the red painted device is called a union. A union is used when
it's not practical to unthread everything back to the appliance, to thread
things back together. Unions consist of two pieces, plus a threaded nut that
tightens and loosens. To replace a union with a tee is going to be
essentially impossible.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 1:43 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Define "here".

I see three pipes and no indication of where you want to put the tee.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I had much the same thought.

That said, the red painted device is called a union. A union is used when
it's not practical to unthread everything back to the appliance, to thread
things back together. Unions consist of two pieces, plus a threaded nut that
tightens and loosens. To replace a union with a tee is going to be
essentially impossible.

Didn't bother to look at the pictures, but if there's one union already,
inserting a piece containing a tee and another union shouldn't be too
much of a trick unless there's no length available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 12:43 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

No problem. Take apart the union, take off one pipe, cut 5-6" off it,
rethread it with your ratchet threader, and use short nipples to get
the union back in place. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 10:48*pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Sep 5, 12:43 am, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

No problem. *Take apart the union, take off one pipe, cut 5-6" off it,
rethread it with your ratchet threader, and use short nipples to get
the union back in place. *Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so.

JK

Thanks!

It was my first time threading and doing it in-place was a pain, and
took a hell of a lot longer than 20 minutes, but the results are good.

Bubba, perhaps you don't live in Philly, but local plumbers were
asking $350-$500 for the job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Simply replacing a union with a tee is impossible.

Just have to crank out a length of pipe, and replace it with two shorter
lengths, a union, and a tee.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dpb" wrote in message ...
tightens and loosens. To replace a union with a tee is going to be
essentially impossible.

Didn't bother to look at the pictures, but if there's one union already,
inserting a piece containing a tee and another union shouldn't be too
much of a trick unless there's no length available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, then, crank out the length of pipe. Take it outdoors, and chain it to
your pipe table.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
No problem. Take apart the union, take off one pipe, cut 5-6" off it,
rethread it with your ratchet threader, and use short nipples to get
the union back in place. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so.

JK

Thanks!

It was my first time threading and doing it in-place was a pain, and
took a hell of a lot longer than 20 minutes, but the results are good.

Bubba, perhaps you don't live in Philly, but local plumbers were
asking $350-$500 for the job.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Simply replacing a union with a tee is impossible.

DOH!

_ASSUMING_ there's room in the run for something to be added, that
there's a union there already would make it pretty simple to cut in the
tee. That's what I said.

Again, jeesh!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 10:33*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
On Sep 5, 10:48*pm, Big_Jake wrote:

On Sep 5, 12:43 am, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do
to overcome them?

http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

No problem. *Take apart the union, take off one pipe, cut 5-6" off it,
rethread it with your ratchet threader, and use short nipples to get
the union back in place. *Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so.

JK

Thanks!

It was my first time threading and doing it in-place was a pain, and
took a hell of a lot longer than 20 minutes, but the results are good.

Bubba, perhaps you don't live in Philly, but local plumbers were
asking $350-$500 for the job.

Wow! Never would have tried to do it in place. Love my Rigid Tri-
Stand for that sort of thing. Glad to hear it worked on for you
anyway.

JK