Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Free standing gas range

I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have two maytags that work wonderfully. I don't have the model # on
hand, but they are the plain jane 4 burner with selfcleaning oven.

Old Time Cook wrote in message
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 1:01*am, Old Time Cook wrote:
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?

I won't make any specific recommendations other than to make sure that
whatever you buy fits your pots.

I've had a stove where large pots could only be put on the front
burners because the "control panel" stuck out too far.

It's a real pain when you're using multiple burners and one of the
front ones is occupied by a huge soup pot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Old Time Cook wrote in message
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?

What is your budget? If I wanted self cleaning I'd go with Kitchen Aid,
Whirlpool. If money is not a problem, Viking, Thermador.

I recently bought a new gas range and one of my criteria was no controls in
the back so you don't have to reach over hot pots to get to them. A couple
of brands had the controls horizontal in front and they can be easily
splattered while cooking.

Our choice was Bertazzoni but it is not self cleaning. One reason we chose
it was the lack of electronics that can fail. It cooks great though, much
better than any stove I've ever used. http://www.bertazzoni-italia.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Old Time Cook" wrote in message
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?

I would not choose Viking. We have 2 (admittedly electric) Viking 1 year old
wall ovens In a club house here. when they reach a temperature of 450 they
shut off and won't come back on until they come back down to room
temperature. A couple of Viking Reps have come out to look at them and they
say "it's a safety feature". It would be funny if we weren't so pi** off
about it.

Waldo

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Waldo Point" wrote in message

I would not choose Viking. We have 2 (admittedly electric) Viking 1 year
old wall ovens In a club house here. when they reach a temperature of 450
they shut off and won't come back on until they come back down to room
temperature. A couple of Viking Reps have come out to look at them and
they say "it's a safety feature". It would be funny if we weren't so pi**
off about it.

Waldo

Now that sounds strange. I'd think that 450 is a pretty normal temperature.
I do pizza at 500.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:14:54 -0700, "Waldo Point"
wrote:

"Old Time Cook" wrote in message
.. .
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?

I would not choose Viking. We have 2 (admittedly electric) Viking 1 year old
wall ovens In a club house here. when they reach a temperature of 450 they
shut off and won't come back on until they come back down to room
temperature. A couple of Viking Reps have come out to look at them and they
say "it's a safety feature". It would be funny if we weren't so pi** off
about it.

Second the negative on Viking. Wolf apparently is more reliable and a
lot easier to clean. What about Blue Star?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Old Time Cook wrote:
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self
cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?

Take a look a Vulcan for great performance and reliability.

http://www.vulcanhart.com/products/r...m?productcat=1

Boden
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just bought one from Sears last month.
It is a GE and have received my rebate of $75.00.
It is self cleaning, broiler in the oven. 4 burners on the stove, a
digital clock. Timer.
To turn the oven/broiler on the buttons are on the top .
The burners knobs are on the front .

shirleyann

Free standing racking Broadback UK diy 3 February 27th 08 08:47 AM
Integrated Dishwasher or Free-Standing? Endulini UK diy 5 July 2nd 07 11:37 PM
Free standing deck riverhome Home Repair 16 April 27th 06 03:43 AM
Free standing gas cookers - do they come with connectors? David WE Roberts (Google) UK diy 24 September 21st 05 07:50 PM