DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drywall question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/259365-drywall-question.html)

Ultraglide September 3rd 08 07:10 PM

Drywall question

I have seen drywall installers run a small tool over edges that they have
cut. Is this to create a bevel? What is the tool, it appears to look like
a small plane?

RicodJour September 3rd 08 07:25 PM

Drywall question

On Sep 3, 2:10*pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have seen drywall installers run a small tool over edges that they have
cut. *Is this to create a bevel? *What is the tool, it appears to look like
a small plane?

It's probably a rasp to knock off the errant gypsum high spots so the
boards will fit more tightly together. Some people use a Surform
block plane tool, some use a expanded metal mesh wrapped block of
wood, and other people just use their drywall knife.

Steve Barker DLT September 3rd 08 07:51 PM

Drywall question

It's a dry wall rasp. Very handy.

http://www.all-wall.com/acatalog/Drywall_Rasps.php

The Reverend Natural Light September 3rd 08 10:43 PM

Drywall question

On Sep 3, 2:10 pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have seen drywall installers run a small tool over edges that they have
cut. Is this to create a bevel? What is the tool, it appears to look like
a small plane?

I tried a Bondo file just because I had one in the garage and it works
great. It looks like a drywall rasp but it's a foot long.