DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   paint problem- mismatch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/259302-re-paint-problem-mismatch.html)

beecrofter[_2_] September 2nd 08 07:44 PM

paint problem- mismatch

On Sep 2, 2:42*pm, beecrofter wrote:
On Sep 2, 11:59*am, "trailer" wrote:

Please excuse if this is a repost. *The first *didn't go thru.

Bought 4 gallons of Home Depot (Behr) latex paint for some room painting.

I used roller and edge tool to paint the first room. *It looks great.

However, on the second room, the part where I used the edge tool shows up
lighter that the walls where I used the roller. *Different gallons were
used, but mixture was the same.

What would have caused this? *The paint is completely dry now.

Thanks.

Thinner application, you could probably hide it by feathering out some
additional paint with an all but dry brush from the edge of the trim
well past the area covered by the edge tool. It's a *PIA but you can
get decent results.

Oh yes and next time box your gallons together in a five so that any
differences there are eliminated.