DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   paint mismatch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/259273-paint-mismatch.html)

trailer[_2_] September 2nd 08 03:10 PM

paint mismatch

Bought 4 gallons of Home Depot (Behr) latex paint for some room painting.

I used roller and edge tool to paint the first room. It looks great.

However, on the second room, the part where I used the edge tool shows up
lighter that the walls where I used the roller.

What would have caused this? The paint is completely dry now.

Thanks.

dpb September 2nd 08 03:18 PM

paint mismatch

trailer wrote:
Bought 4 gallons of Home Depot (Behr) latex paint for some room painting.

I used roller and edge tool to paint the first room. It looks great.

However, on the second room, the part where I used the edge tool shows up
lighter that the walls where I used the roller.

What would have caused this? The paint is completely dry now.

Most likely you didn't mix the separate gallons before using and "cut
in" the second room w/ different mix than you finished rolling out with.

Second, lighting differences and texture between the roller and the pad
can make apparent differences shade.

ransley September 2nd 08 03:20 PM

paint mismatch

On Sep 2, 9:10*am, "trailer" wrote:
Bought 4 gallons of Home Depot (Behr) latex paint for some room painting.

I used roller and edge tool to paint the first room. *It looks great.

However, on the second room, the part where I used the edge tool shows up
lighter that the walls where I used the roller.

What would have caused this? *The paint is completely dry now.

Thanks.

Did you mix all 4 together before painting.

dpb September 2nd 08 04:04 PM

paint mismatch

RickH wrote:
Agreee with mixing all 4 gallons together, but color making is
extremely accurate these days. So its more likely that the paint is
thinner with the edge tool gizmo. ...

I'd say your luck w/ the mixing stations is better than mine, then...

dpb September 2nd 08 05:22 PM

paint mismatch

RickH wrote:

Better than the old manual systems, but I always re-mix everything in
a 5 gal bucket first too.

Then you'd not know how good/bad the match is, then, anyway... V,VBG