Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help replacing/finding Whirlpool Clothes Washer pump.

Whirlpool "Ultimate Care II" Model
Model #LSQ9565MQ0
The washer was bought at Sears in early 2004 and has had no problems
since purchase.

Symptom: During the wash cycle it leaks water at the bottom front
nearest the right side of the washing unit. The puddle is getting
larger so something is failing. I "assume" it must be something called
the 'drain pump'?

I cannot locate the exact part number because the Whirlpool washing
machine is not listed under MY Model.

My model is #LSQ9565MQ0 but the only listing I can find online is
for a Model labeled LSQ9564MQ0, it's a 4 instead of mine being a 5

This is the only pump I have found it is part number 3363394 which
says it is a replacement for the following part number : 3296, 62516,
63347, 64076, 8235, AP2907492, LP116, PS342434, PT8722476.
Here is the URL it's located @
http://www.partstore.com/Part/Whirlp...63394/New.aspx

Is this something I could tackle myself?

Am I right that all you do is remove the cabinet and unsnap the clasps
then unscrew the old pump and then install the newer one?

If you can help, thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Blass wrote in
:

Whirlpool "Ultimate Care II" Model
Model #LSQ9565MQ0
The washer was bought at Sears in early 2004 and has had no problems
since purchase.

Log onto Sears.com.....navigate to their support/parts webpage. Do a seach
there or contact them re the needed parts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

propman wrote:
Robert Blass wrote in
:

Whirlpool "Ultimate Care II" Model
Model #LSQ9565MQ0
The washer was bought at Sears in early 2004 and has had no
problems
since purchase.

Log onto Sears.com.....navigate to their support/parts webpage. Do
seach there or contact them re the needed parts.

It's a Whirlpool, not a Sears, so why would Sears have parts?

http://www.partstore.com/Model/Whirl...SQ9565MQ0.aspx
lists a bunch of parts, including a Whirlpool pump and a GE
substitute, the alternative is to call Whirlpool.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's a Whirlpool, not a Sears, so why would Sears have parts?

http://www.partstore.com/Model/Whirl...SQ9565MQ0.aspx
lists a bunch of parts, including a Whirlpool pump and a GE
substitute, the alternative is to call Whirlpool.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Probably because he bought it at Sears and many of the Sears appliances,
including washers, have for many, many years been manufactured by Whirlpool.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert,

Yes, this is an easy DIY project. www.RepairClinic.com will accept your
stock number and has this part in stock. Have you already looked inside the
washer and confirmed that it's the pump that's leaking?

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 08:48:10 -0400, "David L. Martel"
sayd the following:

Yes, this is an easy DIY project. www.RepairClinic.com will accept your
stock number and has this part in stock. Have you already looked inside the
washer and confirmed that it's the pump that's leaking?

It is either the pump itself OR the 2 hoses that connect to the drain
pump. How in the world could I test to see if it's either the pump
itself or just one or both of it's hoses?

I don't even see a part listed as a hose that would fit the drain
pump, so if it's the hoses and not the pump..what would it be called?

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert,

Yes, this is an easy DIY project. www.RepairClinic.com will accept your
stock number and has this part in stock. Have you already looked inside
the
washer and confirmed that it's the pump that's leaking?

It is either the pump itself OR the 2 hoses that connect to the drain
pump. How in the world could I test to see if it's either the pump
itself or just one or both of it's hoses?

After you get the front panel off, put the machine through a cycle and
watch for drips. Be sure that the pets and toddlers will not be there while
you do this.

I don't even see a part listed as a hose that would fit the drain
pump, so if it's the hoses and not the pump..what would it be called?

They're there listed under hoses. Is this a troll? I think you need a
repair man. DIY is not your thing

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:09:23 -0400, "David L. Martel"
sayd the following:

I don't even see a part listed as a hose that would fit the drain
pump, so if it's the hoses and not the pump..what would it be called?

They're there listed under hoses. Is this a troll? I think you need a
repair man. DIY is not your thing

Not a troll, being serious about it being listed as a 'drain hose' but
nothing listed as a hose FOR the in/out of the 'drain pump',...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rob,

Ok, go to the web-site I gave in my first reply. Type in your model
number ( a box in the top left corner) and you 'll get a listing of all the
parts. Now somewhere on the left side is a list of subsystems. Click on
Hoses. You should now see a list of hoses, clamps et c. Both of the hoses
that you want are there. Compare the pictures provided with the hoses that
are in your washer and you should be able to find the correct ones. I am
surprised that you find this hard but the hoses are there. Both hoses
mention pump in the description. There is a long one to the back panel and a
short one from the tub.
This should be a really easy DIY repair. Expect water when you disconnect
the hoses and when you cycle the washer. So have a sponge and a bucket. Do
not stick your fingers in while the machine is running, use a pencil to poke
things.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:59:01 -0400, "David L. Martel"
sayd the following:

[...]

This is the only one that would fit the description/need
http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...7866&PPStack=1

The clamps on my washer use those kind that are tight but you have to
squeeze the ends with a lot of force to release the clamp. This is
what is so confusing, I'd be replacing one type of clamp with another
and no reason stated as to why my older clamp style would be obsolete?

$14 X 2 hose
$41 X 1 pump
~$70 to replace hoses and pump, how much does a typical technician
charge? I was hoping to save some money so I guess those guys charge
$100 per hour?

Thanks for helping me

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert,

This is the only one that would fit the description/need
http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...7866&PPStack=1

That's the one from the tub to the pump. Is it leaking?

The clamps on my washer use those kind that are tight but you have to
squeeze the ends with a lot of force to release the clamp.

Use pliers on this type of clamp

This is
what is so confusing, I'd be replacing one type of clamp with another
and no reason stated as to why my older clamp style would be obsolete?

If it's the clamp that is broken and causing the leak replace it with
another hose clamp. I suspect that any hose clamp from the auto parts store
will work in your washer if it's the right size. It's really unlikely that
your leak is due to a bad hose clamp.

$14 X 2 hose

No don't buy 2. The other hose for your drain system is #904568 using the
web0site parts numbers.

$41 X 1 pump

No, you only need to locate and replace the part that has failed.
Replacing the other parts in a 3 yr. old washer is dumb. I'd focus my
attention on the pump since moving parts wear out.

~$70 to replace hoses and pump, how much does a typical technician
charge? I was hoping to save some money so I guess those guys charge
$100 per hour?

Thanks for helping me

Your posts suggest that you have not as yet figured out where the leak is
so why do you want to order all of these parts? Find and fix the problem.
Don't just start buying a bunch of parts.
When I add in the cost of shipping and handling I find that it's cheaper
( slightly) to buy locally, so call the local appliance parts place and see
if they stock your part. Be sure you have your model number when you call.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I FIXED THE PUMP!!!!

Total cost was $50.49 for the pump locally, easy to install pump, HARD
AS HELL to place the cabinet back onto the washing machine...

My lord, couldn't they just have screws or bolts to reattach the
cabinet? What is this the 1700s?

ANyway...
thanks all around.

:-D

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Robert Blass wrote:

I FIXED THE PUMP!!!!

Total cost was $50.49 for the pump locally, easy to install pump, HARD
AS HELL to place the cabinet back onto the washing machine...

My lord, couldn't they just have screws or bolts to reattach the
cabinet? What is this the 1700s?

ANyway...
thanks all around.

:-D

YOU DIDN'T FIX THE PUMP!!!! You replaced it. You fixed the machine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert,

Congratulations.

Dave M.