Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to Buy Blue Silicone Bathroom Chaulk

Hi, I'm looking for blue silicone bathroom chaulk as I need to rechaulk the
blue tub.
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. Whewre can I buy
blue chaulk?

Thanks

Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in
:

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi, I'm looking for blue silicone bathroom chaulk as I need to
rechaulk the blue tub.
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. Whewre can
I buy blue chaulk?

Thanks

Tom

But if that's not acceptable, try a real tile place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

But if that's not acceptable, try a real tile place.- Hide quoted text -

They would probably have blue sanded grout. I think you are best to
just use the clear stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You can get automotive blue silicone at any auto parts store

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Tom wrote:
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. Whewre can I buy
blue chaulk?

Nowhere...there's no such thing as "chaulk". There is "chalk" or there
is "caulk" (and never the twain shall meet), but not "chaulk"

/Quibble off

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom" wrote in message ...
Whewre can I buy blue chaulk?

Places that sell crayons and coloring books carry chaulk too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

/Quibble off

Didn't your newsreader throw up a compiler error? You never turned
Quibble on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mikepier" wrote in message
They would probably have blue sanded grout. I think you are best to
just use the clear stuff.

I need to use slicone. The previous owner used white and it looks horrible.
If I use clear i suspect the opening between the tub and trhe fiberglass
wall shower side where it meets the tub will show

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Tom" wrote in message
Whewre can I buy blue chaulk?

Places that sell crayons and coloring books carry chaulk too.

All thre internet sites I checked state I need to use bathroom chalk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom" wrote in message
* Whewre can I buy blue chaulk?

Places that sell crayons and coloring books carry chaulk too.

All thre internet sites I checked state I need to use bathroom chalk.

then they are dumb!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom" wrote in message
* Whewre can I buy blue chaulk?

Places that sell crayons and coloring books carry chaulk too.

All thre internet sites I checked state I need to use bathroom chalk.

Please provide a link to a site that says "chalk".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 10:41 pm, "Tom" wrote:

Please provide a link to a site that says "chalk".

sorry, caulk

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 10:41 pm, "Tom" wrote:

Please provide a link to a site that says "chalk".

*sorry, caulk

http://www.installersstore.com/cgi-b...alogno=47-0108
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:18:19 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in
t:

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi, I'm looking for blue silicone bathroom chaulk as I need to
rechaulk the blue tub.
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. Whewre can
I buy blue chaulk?

Thanks

Tom

But if that's not acceptable, try a real tile place.

Clear would still be the wise choice. Nothing would look worse than
blue caulk that is not an EXACT match for the color of the tub.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A real ceramic tile installers store will carry it. Here is an
example:
"http://www.installersstore.com/cgi-bin/INSstore.pl?user_action=category&category=Colored% 20Caulk"

You can also buy DAP or similar white and have it custom tinted
with universal colorant at a good paint store.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi, I'm looking for blue silicone bathroom chaulk as I need to
rechaulk the blue tub.
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk.
Whewre can I buy blue chaulk?

Thanks

Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Clear would still be the wise choice. Nothing would look worse than
blue caulk that is not an EXACT match for the color of the tub.

I might have to give clear a try because the white caulk looks like it
belongs in the bathroom of a trailer house in a trailer park.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 10:41 pm, "Tom" wrote:

Please provide a link to a site that says "chalk".

sorry, caulk

http://www.installersstore.com/cgi-b...alogno=47-0108

That't it! The Captain's Blue amtches perfectly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jp jp is offline

On Aug 30, 9:11*pm, "Tom" wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for blue silicone bathroom chaulk as I need to rechaulk the
blue tub.
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. *Whewre can I buy
blue chaulk?

Thanks

Tom

try an auto parts store and i am pretty they have a blue silicone
gasket maker which u can use, good luck henry
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DanG" wrote in message
A real ceramic tile installers store will carry it. Here is an example:
"http://www.installersstore.com/cgi-bin/INSstore.pl?user_action=category&category=Colored% 20Caulk"

You can also buy DAP or similar white and have it custom tinted with
universal colorant at a good paint store.

After tinting to the correct color how do they squeeze it all back into the
tube? -)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom wrote:
"DanG" wrote in message
A real ceramic tile installers store will carry it. Here is an
example:
"http://www.installersstore.com/cgi-bin/INSstore.pl?user_action=category&category=Colored% 20Caulk"

You can also buy DAP or similar white and have it custom tinted
with
universal colorant at a good paint store.

After tinting to the correct color how do they squeeze it all back
into the
tube? -)

They don't, they mix it in the tube. For 30 bucks or so Red Devil
will sell you a mixer that you can use at home, and the caulk to go
with it. http://www.reddevil.com/products.cfm?c=cs&cat=1

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Clear would still be the wise choice. Nothing would look worse than
blue caulk that is not an EXACT match for the color of the tub.

I might have to give clear a try because the white caulk looks like it
belongs in the bathroom of a trailer house in a trailer park.

Boy did you just score a lot of buds in this NG.

I have one with white and one soon to be colored when the tile is done.
Where does that put me?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message

wrote:

Clear would still be the wise choice. Nothing would look worse than
blue caulk that is not an EXACT match for the color of the tub.

I might have to give clear a try because the white caulk looks like it
belongs in the bathroom of a trailer house in a trailer park.

Boy did you just score a lot of buds in this NG.

I have one with white and one soon to be colored when the tile is done.
Where does that put me?

You have a blue tub with blue paneling caulked with white caulk and another
one blue with colored caulk?

Mine is blue tub with blue panels caulked with a brittle white caulk applied
and trimmed, it appears, with thumbs at best.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom" wrote in :

"Red Green" wrote in message

wrote:

Clear would still be the wise choice. Nothing would look worse than
blue caulk that is not an EXACT match for the color of the tub.

I might have to give clear a try because the white caulk looks like
it belongs in the bathroom of a trailer house in a trailer park.

Boy did you just score a lot of buds in this NG.

I have one with white and one soon to be colored when the tile is
done. Where does that put me?

You have a blue tub with blue paneling caulked with white caulk and
another one blue with colored caulk?

Mine is blue tub with blue panels caulked with a brittle white caulk
applied and trimmed, it appears, with thumbs at best.

Paneling in a bathtub? How trailer trashy! :-) Dont't tell me - laminated
masonite...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:12:39 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

wrote:

Clear would still be the wise choice. Nothing would look worse than
blue caulk that is not an EXACT match for the color of the tub.

I might have to give clear a try because the white caulk looks like it
belongs in the bathroom of a trailer house in a trailer park.

Boy did you just score a lot of buds in this NG.

I have one with white and one soon to be colored when the tile is done.
Where does that put me?

I thought you carpeted your bathroom, and liked the effect so much you
ran carpet all the way over to the house. :')

Posted to alt.home.repair

What is chaulk?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm looking for blue silicone bathroom chaulk as I need to rechaulk the
blue tub.
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. Whewre can I buy
blue chaulk?

Thanks

Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

New term, like spork, or the new Presidential program Clint-tush?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Tom wrote:
I was at Lowes today but only saw clear and white chaulk. Whewre can I
buy
blue chaulk?

Nowhere...there's no such thing as "chaulk". There is "chalk" or there
is "caulk" (and never the twain shall meet), but not "chaulk"

/Quibble off

Posted to alt.home.repair

Had some friends who put a tile floor in the outhouse. Hmm.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

I thought you carpeted your bathroom, and liked the effect so much you
ran carpet all the way over to the house. :')

Post Of The Day!

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Open the back end of the tube. Tint. Seal the back end with
tape. Been done this way for well over 20 years.

--