Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In ground pool pump recommendation

I've had a 1-1/2 HP (motor) circulating pump on my in ground pool. It
was replaced a little over a year ago and now I can once again hear a
bearing getting ready to go. Rather than rely on the pool maintenance
company's recommendation, I thought I'd check this forum. Anyone have
first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:21:12 -0400, nospamplse
wrote:

I've had a 1-1/2 HP (motor) circulating pump on my in ground pool. It
was replaced a little over a year ago and now I can once again hear a
bearing getting ready to go. Rather than rely on the pool maintenance
company's recommendation, I thought I'd check this forum. Anyone have
first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?

Just how "getting ready to go" is the bearing, after one year?
Posted to alt.home.repair

The motors are usually robust and would not fail in 1 year.
Is the pump exposed to the weather?
Perhaps you are hearing noises from the pump [pump seal?] as opposed to the
motor.
Any water leaking from the pump/motor joint area on start up?

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 3:21*pm, nospamplse
wrote:
Anyone have
first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?

Our 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump is in its 11th year of running 24/7
during our 6 month season (w/heater) and is still going strong.
http://www.haywardnet.com/inground/p...super_pump.cfm
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've had a 1-1/2 HP (motor) circulating pump on my in ground pool. It
was replaced a little over a year ago and now I can once again hear a
bearing getting ready to go. Rather than rely on the pool maintenance
company's recommendation, I thought I'd check this forum. Anyone have
first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?

Just how "getting ready to go" is the bearing, after one year?

About 219 hours to go.

Posted to alt.home.repair

John Keiser wrote:
The motors are usually robust and would not fail in 1 year.
Is the pump exposed to the weather?
Perhaps you are hearing noises from the pump [pump seal?] as opposed to the
motor.
Any water leaking from the pump/motor joint area on start up?

I agree they should not fail but facts are facts. It is exposed but
designed for that. It is the motor. No water leaking.

Regards

Don
Posted to alt.home.repair

gpsman wrote:
On Aug 30, 3:21 pm, nospamplse
wrote:
Anyone have
first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?

Our 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump is in its 11th year of running 24/7
during our 6 month season (w/heater) and is still going strong.
http://www.haywardnet.com/inground/p...super_pump.cfm
-----

- gpsman

Many thanks. Think my original was a Haywood and lasted many years.

Regards

Don
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've had a 1-1/2 HP (motor) circulating pump on my in ground pool. It
was replaced a little over a year ago and now I can once again hear a
bearing getting ready to go. Rather than rely on the pool maintenance
company's recommendation, I thought I'd check this forum. Anyone have
first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?

One with a good warranty.

Above ground pool? Rich Home Repair 6 March 16th 08 05:46 PM
above ground pool pump question Scott Home Repair 4 January 15th 07 03:24 PM
Considering in ground pool Userb3 Home Ownership 1 August 13th 05 12:36 PM
Above ground pool heaters - Gas heater vs. Electric heat pump ack123 Home Ownership 1 June 15th 05 04:39 PM
Above ground pool help Lucy Home Ownership 2 April 4th 05 12:14 AM