Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggestions on buying appliances

I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

Where are you shopping? All the big box stores are close in price, but so
are local dealers belonging to buyer's co-ops. Sears has a reputation for
lousy service. Are you saving enough to justify the potential problems?
What about your local dealer? Give him the prices you have and see what he
can do to come close. Be sure to include delivery, taking away old
appliances, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

Having sold both GE and Whirlpool for 30 yrs before retirement, I would
suggest Whirlpool over GE. I think I read that GE was putting their
appliance business up for sale, but then the consensus is, that Sears is
close to bankruptcy( worked for Sears, 15yrs). The suggestion someone made
to give your local dealer a shot at matching the price is not a bad one.

Tom G

Posted to alt.home.repair

Go on GE's website. A lot of times they have rebates if you buy more
than 1 appliance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom G wrote:
"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

Having sold both GE and Whirlpool for 30 yrs before retirement, I would
suggest Whirlpool over GE. I think I read that GE was putting their
appliance business up for sale, but then the consensus is, that Sears is
close to bankruptcy( worked for Sears, 15yrs). The suggestion someone made
to give your local dealer a shot at matching the price is not a bad one.

Tom G

Yup,
LG is trying to buy GE appliance business.
I've been happy with Whrlpool all these years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:06:01 -0500, The dude
wrote:

I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Seems to me like price fixing?

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

On their issued card? Will they give one addition year on the
warranty? Suggest pay on another credit card and not one from Sears,
if you can get the extended warranty date (manufacturer).

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

The interest isn't forgiven-- just deferred...unless you're ever even 1 day
late with a payment. Then you get back charged and it's all due right then.

Read the multipage, small print, flimsy paper contract you sign when you
buy....

Better idea-- same up the money to buy what you need, then pay cash. It's
called prudent fiscal responsibility....

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have the cash for it.. that is not a big deal.

But I could Make money from the cash, while I have no interest on what I
bought.

Won't $5,000 be worth less in a year?

Its called common sense.

Flatus Johnson wrote:
"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

The interest isn't forgiven-- just deferred...unless you're ever even 1 day
late with a payment. Then you get back charged and it's all due right then.

Read the multipage, small print, flimsy paper contract you sign when you
buy....

Better idea-- same up the money to buy what you need, then pay cash. It's
called prudent fiscal responsibility....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Flatus Johnson" fj@nonet wrote in message
. ..
"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12
months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

The interest isn't forgiven-- just deferred...unless you're ever even 1
day late with a payment. Then you get back charged and it's all due right
then.

Read the multipage, small print, flimsy paper contract you sign when you
buy....

Better idea-- same up the money to buy what you need, then pay cash. It's
called prudent fiscal responsibility....

And I think also, that the fine print also says that they can cancel the
deferred interest if they think you have not paid other credit cards on time
or are over extended on your total credit. I've found that Sears is
changing the due date on your payment every month to make it easy for you to
miss the due date. They changed my due date by almost 15 days one month.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 30, 12:06*pm, The dude wrote:
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months..

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

Might be prudent to narrow the choices to one or two better buys
recommended by Consumer Reports. The appliance market is looking more
and more like a jungle out there, so eliminating the Yugos first
would help/

Joe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yup,
LG is trying to buy GE appliance business.
I've been happy with Whrlpool all these years.- Hide quoted text -

A salesman told me that LG products is made by GE. Don't know if there
is any truth to that or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:46:21 -0500, "Tom G"
wrote:

And I think also, that the fine print also says that they can cancel the
deferred interest if they think you have not paid other credit cards on time
or are over extended on your total credit. I've found that Sears is
changing the due date on your payment every month to make it easy for you to
miss the due date. They changed my due date by almost 15 days one month.

Tom G.

Called all my creditors, had them set a specific date. Rich today,
poor tomorrow. Tell them what day you want to pay, easily they
adjust the due date.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Flatus Johnson" fj@nonet wrote:

"The dude" wrote in message
. ..
I have been pricing things around for appliances and all the prices seem
the same.

Sears has 20% off now if you buy 3 and no payments interest for 12 months.

Seems like the best deal.

I was looking at either a GE or Whirlpool set.

Refridge, top range and dishewasher

The interest isn't forgiven-- just deferred...unless you're ever even 1 day
late with a payment. Then you get back charged and it's all due right then.

Read the multipage, small print, flimsy paper contract you sign when you
buy....

Better idea-- same up the money to buy what you need, then pay cash. It's
called prudent fiscal responsibility....

Aw shucks, I can beat that. I bought a range a year ago at Sears. They
offered a 10% discount (in the form of a rebate) if I put in on my Sears
card. So I applied for the card, bought it, sent for my "rebate", paid
off the card when I got the first bill, paid no interest, and then
cancelled my card. Saved about $120.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought DW , washer and dryer from Sears. For the dryer, one guy delivered
it. A week later, another guy came to pick up the old one. Another week, a
guy finally came to hook up the dryer, but he was missing parts.....

And then there's the dishwasher....but I won't bore you.

How many Sears delivery guys does it take to install and deliver appliances?

Add your own punchline.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:28:09 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

I bought DW , washer and dryer from Sears. For the dryer, one guy delivered
it. A week later, another guy came to pick up the old one. Another week, a
guy finally came to hook up the dryer, but he was missing parts.....

And then there's the dishwasher....but I won't bore you.

How many Sears delivery guys does it take to install and deliver appliances?

Add your own punchline.

I have heard that Sears lawnmowers are poor quality too.

I have a friend that is having major troubles with a new one. It only
had a 3 month warrantee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"metspitzer" wrote in message
I have heard that Sears lawnmowers are poor quality too.

I have a friend that is having major troubles with a new one. It only
had a 3 month warrantee.

Sears buy different models from different manufacturers for different price
points. Some are good, some not so good.