Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walking recliner Make it stop

I have a couple of Lazyboy rocking recliners. They are nice and
comfortable. The only problem is every time someone sits in them,
they take a small step toward the wall.

The only thing I can think of to stop it would to be take a wooden
strip and screw it to the floor behind the legs.

I am hoping someone has an ingenious solution that doesn't require
drilling holes through my carpet.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

In news metspitzer spewed forth:
I have a couple of Lazyboy rocking recliners. They are nice and
comfortable. The only problem is every time someone sits in them,
they take a small step toward the wall.

The only thing I can think of to stop it would to be take a wooden
strip and screw it to the floor behind the legs.

I am hoping someone has an ingenious solution that doesn't require
drilling holes through my carpet.

Thanks

Take a thin piece of carpet pad1/8-1/4(for area rugs) and either glue it to
the base or use double face tape.
hth

Posted to alt.home.repair

metspitzer wrote:

I have a couple of Lazyboy rocking recliners. They are nice and
comfortable. The only problem is every time someone sits in them,
they take a small step toward the wall.

The only thing I can think of to stop it would to be take a wooden
strip and screw it to the floor behind the legs.

I am hoping someone has an ingenious solution that doesn't require
drilling holes through my carpet.

Thanks

We fixed a walking footstool by driving a couple of nails into the
bottom of the base, and then
cutting off the head of the nail. Sharp enough to pierce the carpet
without snagging. No wood
floor under the carpet to worry about. If you have a wood floor beneath
that might be damaged,
fashion a flat brace of some sort with a notch on the front end to catch
the legs of the chair
and long enough to keep the desired distance from the wall. Plywood?
Cover with carpet
remnant or paint a matching color.

Disassemble recliner H B Home Repair 2 October 8th 07 09:49 AM
Cannot make the CO/Smoke detector stop beeping. [email protected] Home Repair 9 August 3rd 07 11:53 PM
RECALL: Bond Folding Recliner Chairs Greg Home Ownership 2 June 28th 07 04:53 AM
Stinky Recliner, how to take out the stink ziggs Home Repair 7 July 8th 06 07:47 PM