DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   homebrew formby's refinisher? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/258867-homebrew-formbys-refinisher.html)

nick[_2_] August 27th 08 03:56 PM

homebrew formby's refinisher?

Has anyone out there ever tried to duplicate Formby's refinisher?
According to the MSDS it is 29% toluene, 17% methanol, 51% acetone,
and apparently 2% magic Formby dust (98% volatiles). None of these
routine and common industrial solvents costs anywhere near $50/gallon,
even with oil at $140/barrel, but Formby's does. I am going to look
on the solvent shelf at my local hardware store and see what things do
in fact cost. Formby's works pretty well but is outrageously priced.