Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I haul a new water heater home on its side?

Harry L wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:33:09 -0500, Uncle Monster
wrote:

[snip]

How water heaters are for those who like to cook in the shower :-)

Wuts a "how" water heater? Is it an American Indian
water heater? Perhaps it's a water heater that explains
what it's doing?

What it is, is the spell checker. It doesn't know when a 'w' is really
a 't'. People usually seem to figure those out, considering context.
Software can't.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Oh eye get it, a spiel chequer pogrom
malefactor. Eye understate know.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to J. Clarke, Mike H wrote:
Your compressor was probably oil filled.
Do not lay a gas water heater with controls on the bottom.
Damage will occur.
The rest if the rest is for warehouse dummies.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...de-326362-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.slack

On 2/13/2017 8:14 AM, Mike H wrote:
replying to J. Clarke, Mike H wrote:
Your compressor was probably oil filled.
Do not lay a gas water heater with controls on the bottom.
Damage will occur.
The rest if the rest is for warehouse dummies.

How would someone use controls located on the bottom of a water heater?
And if they were there, where would the pilot light go?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.slack
& & is offline

On 02/13/2017 11:23 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/13/2017 8:14 AM, Mike H wrote:
replying to J. Clarke, Mike H wrote: Your compressor was probably
oil filled. Do not lay a gas water heater with controls on the
bottom. Damage will occur. The rest if the rest is for warehouse
dummies.

How would someone use controls located on the bottom of a water
heater? And if they were there, where would the pilot light go?

right next to them dumb ass

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2017 11:14 AM, Mike H wrote:
replying to J. Clarke, Mike H wrote:
Your compressor was probably oil filled.
Do not lay a gas water heater with controls on the bottom.
Damage will occur.
The rest if the rest is for warehouse dummies.

Did you make a wrong turn in your DeLorean and land on August 21, 2008, 3:49 pm?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 11:49:33 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Do I need to take the trailer to HD to get a new water heater or can I
lay the box on its side in the bed of my truck? I have a fiberglass
topper and the heater is too tall to stand up.

The boxes say "This side up" and whatnot, but it's a water heater...
I'd like to save gas and just get the heater on the way home instead
of making a special trip.

OK, Im loving the replies here. Mark, will you be here all week? lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

Everybodys a comedian nowadays.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2019 11:17 AM, wrote:
Everybodys a comedian nowadays.

Thank you for noticing

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That should protect the water.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...de-326362-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

fullofcupcakes writes:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted
leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That
should protect the water.

You may or may not know this, but most of the posts on homeowners hub
are actually from Usenet.

On Usenet, we don't see old posts, only the most recent replies.
The post you just replied to is 12 years old. Please check
the dates and if you feel you must reply, please include the
original post in your reply.

Better yet, get a Usenet account. You can do this for free.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:33:19 -0500, Dan Espen posted for all of us to digest...

fullofcupcakes writes:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted
leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That
should protect the water.

You may or may not know this, but most of the posts on homeowners hub
are actually from Usenet.

On Usenet, we don't see old posts, only the most recent replies.
The post you just replied to is 12 years old. Please check
the dates and if you feel you must reply, please include the
original post in your reply.

Better yet, get a Usenet account. You can do this for free.

Good luck with that Dan. I tried this a couple of years ago but got hate posts.
Maybe copy your post for reposting. I think homemoaners hubless will ban you.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

fullofcupcakes writes:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted
leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That
should protect the water.

You may or may not know this, but most of the posts on homeowners hub
are actually from Usenet.

On Usenet, we don't see old posts, only the most recent replies.
The post you just replied to is 12 years old. Please check
the dates and if you feel you must reply, please include the
original post in your reply.

Better yet, get a Usenet account. You can do this for free.

Good luck with that Dan. I tried this a couple of years ago but got hate posts.
Maybe copy your post for reposting. I think homemoaners hubless will ban you.

LOL.

In your honor, I created a "homemoaners" file and copy pasted that text
into it.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 19 Jan 2021 19:15:02 +0000, fullofcupcakes
wrote:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That should protect the water.

That works okay, but it's best to freeze the water in the water heater
so it doesn't jostle around when transported. You can take it to a
wholesale meat market or a similar place and they'll freeze it for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:21:01 -0500, Dan Espen posted for all of us to digest...

fullofcupcakes writes:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted
leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That
should protect the water.

You may or may not know this, but most of the posts on homeowners hub
are actually from Usenet.

On Usenet, we don't see old posts, only the most recent replies.
The post you just replied to is 12 years old. Please check
the dates and if you feel you must reply, please include the
original post in your reply.

Better yet, get a Usenet account. You can do this for free.

Good luck with that Dan. I tried this a couple of years ago but got hate posts.
Maybe copy your post for reposting. I think homemoaners hubless will ban you.

LOL.

In your honor, I created a "homemoaners" file and copy pasted that text
into it.

Thank you for the honor. Apply it as needed.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:10:28 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That should protect the water.

That works okay, but it's best to freeze the water in the water heater
so it doesn't jostle around when transported. You can take it to a
wholesale meat market or a similar place and they'll freeze it for you.

Cmon, man it's a hot water heater. Not a water cooler, get with the program.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think the preheated water has cooled by now so it has contracted leaving a vacuum to suck the glass away from the cast iron. That should protect the water.

That works okay, but it's best to freeze the water in the water heater
so it doesn't jostle around when transported. You can take it to a
wholesale meat market or a similar place and they'll freeze it for you.

Cmon, man it's a hot water heater. Not a water cooler, get with the program.

Better yet, it's just a water heater. If the water was already hot, you
wouldn't need a heater.

I'll show myself out. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 1:03:16 PM UTC-4, Limp Arbor wrote:
On Aug 21, 11:49 am, wrote:
Do I need to take the trailer to HD to get a new water heater or can I
lay the box on its side in the bed of my truck? I have a fiberglass
topper and the heater is too tall to stand up.

The boxes say "This side up" and whatnot, but it's a water heater...
I'd like to save gas and just get the heater on the way home instead
of making a special trip.

I wouldn't try it. Most if not all of the preheated water that is
installed at the factory will leak out. Water heaters are notoriously
hard to prime if the factory installed water gets out.

Thank you so much! Im, so glad I found your post, or I would have lost all my factory installed water!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Seriously?

You're going to revive a decades old thread, and miss the mandatory standard argument?

It's lined with window glass, if you tip it it might crack.

No way, it;s fiberglas, that;s what glass lined means.

No you;re a dummy. No you;re the dummy. Tec.