DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hair Under Polyurethane (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/258410-re-hair-under-polyurethane.html)

Red Green August 21st 08 03:30 AM

Hair Under Polyurethane

wrote in news:b32a1a99-9fa3-40f9-a09c-7a51b5e94095
@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

I just had my hardwood floors refinished, and a single, short, curly
hair (about 3/4" long) must have fallen onto the floor prior to the
last coat of poly, and now it is beneath that coat of poly. It sort-
of catches the light when you walk in and out of the room, so it is
quite noticable.

Is there any way to remove the hair (which is just beneath the
surface) without damaging the finish? If not, is there any way to
hide the disturbance to the finish? (Maybe one of those floor
cleaning solutions with poly?)

Thanks.

Just leave it. No one knows it's there except you. You just lock on to it
every time you look at the floor.