DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacement mower blades (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/258401-re-replacement-mower-blades.html)

Don Phillipson[_3_] August 20th 08 11:04 PM

Replacement mower blades

"Jim" wrote in message

I've got a Sears Craftsman (Murray) 30" riding mower. Per the manual the
replacement blade is a 56060HT.

Searching for this model online I'm getting many hits plus more that
cross reference a newer series. Then comes the confusion factor as these
blades often have different center hole sizes, .850", 7/8"x1" and 27/32.
Even the original blade depending upon website may list any one of the
three.

Are all three sizes truly interchangeable?

My experience with a (Troy-Bilt) mower was that
manufacturers and vendors use different part numbers.
The only way to match a replacement part is to take the
old unit to the store.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Jim August 21st 08 01:12 AM

Replacement mower blades

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:04:57 -0400, Don Phillipson wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message

I've got a Sears Craftsman (Murray) 30" riding mower. Per the manual
the replacement blade is a 56060HT.

Searching for this model online I'm getting many hits plus more that
cross reference a newer series. Then comes the confusion factor as
these blades often have different center hole sizes, .850", 7/8"x1" and
27/32. Even the original blade depending upon website may list any one
of the three.

Are all three sizes truly interchangeable?

My experience with a (Troy-Bilt) mower was that manufacturers and
vendors use different part numbers. The only way to match a replacement
part is to take the old unit to the store.

Problem I'm seeing is the exact same part number shown as having
different center hole sizes.