Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stihl FS 36Trimmer Won't Start

My trimmer is hand operated. It's about 6 years old. It starts briefly and
then dies. Mostly it won't start. I had a new plug put in it. Bad fuel
mixture? Dirt in the fuel?

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

W. eWatson wrote:
My trimmer is hand operated. It's about 6 years old. It starts briefly
and then dies. Mostly it won't start. I had a new plug put in it. Bad
fuel mixture? Dirt in the fuel?

Hmmm,
Your fuel tank has to breathe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Could be old gas. Try new gas.

"W. eWatson" wrote in message
My trimmer is hand operated. It's about 6 years old. It starts briefly
and then dies. Mostly it won't start. I had a new plug put in it. Bad fuel
mixture? Dirt in the fuel?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill" wrote in message
Could be old gas. Try new gas.

P.S. New gas does not mean dumping the gas from the trimmer and refilling
the trimmer with more old gas from your gas can. New gas means new gas from
the gas station.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Could be old gas. Try new gas.

P.S. New gas does not mean dumping the gas from the trimmer and refilling
the trimmer with more old gas from your gas can. New gas means new gas from
the gas station.

It's possible it's the gas. I didn't mix the oil with in particularly well.
However, the first time I filled it, it ran quite well. Maybe there was
enough of the previous fuel in the trimmer to carry the day.

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to alt.home.repair

--
* * * * * * Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA)

* * * * * * * (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
* * * * * * * *Obz Site: *39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

* * * * * * * * * * *Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Its fuel or electric related, squirt some gas in the carb when it wont
start, if no go pull off the plug wire and hold near the head to see
if it gets spark. Most likely the carb has dirt in it.

Problem with Stihl 041 AV [email protected] Woodworking 1 January 16th 06 12:08 PM
stihl chain saw russ Woodworking 2 October 10th 04 01:24 PM
Stihl Mike Reed Woodturning 5 July 31st 04 09:52 PM
stihl 021 chainsaw won't start, unless pulled 62 times daily for 6 days bill yohler Home Repair 20 January 30th 04 12:31 AM
Stihl FS-110 4-MIX experience Jeffrey C Honig Home Ownership 1 August 11th 03 01:02 AM