Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing carpet from stairs

I just removed carpeting from stairs and now the molding (on the side)
doesn't meet the stairs. 1/4" gap where the carpet had been. Should
I move the molding up to meet the stairs? My wife says the gap needs
to filled with another length of wood - she calls it molding, too -
leaving the original molding in place. This doesn't make any sense to
me for their to be two pieces. Either way is a job.

Thanks, Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris23" wrote in message
I just removed carpeting from stairs and now the molding (on the side)
doesn't meet the stairs. 1/4" gap where the carpet had been. Should
I move the molding up to meet the stairs? My wife says the gap needs
to filled with another length of wood - she calls it molding, too -
leaving the original molding in place. This doesn't make any sense to
me for their to be two pieces. Either way is a job.

Thanks, Chris

what are you replacing the carpet with? the molding is used to cover the
edge of carpet (or wood planks). whatever new you're putting down should go
under the molding. if nothing, then the molding should be flush with
whatever is under it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris23" wrote in message
I just removed carpeting from stairs and now the molding (on the side)
doesn't meet the stairs. 1/4" gap where the carpet had been. Should
I move the molding up to meet the stairs? My wife says the gap needs
to filled with another length of wood - she calls it molding, too -
leaving the original molding in place. This doesn't make any sense to
me for their to be two pieces. Either way is a job.

Thanks, Chris

Unless you're planning a divorce, better do what the missus wants...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 18, 5:47 pm, "Eugen Bleuler" nospan@nospam wrote:
"Chris23" wrote in message

I just removed carpeting from stairs and now the molding (on the side)
doesn't meet the stairs. 1/4" gap where the carpet had been. Should
I move the molding up to meet the stairs? My wife says the gap needs
to filled with another length of wood - she calls it molding, too -
leaving the original molding in place. This doesn't make any sense to
me for their to be two pieces. Either way is a job.

Thanks, Chris

Unless you're planning a divorce, better do what the missus wants...

LOL - us both. Thanks.