Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing House - What Time of Year?

OK, I'm bored, so here's the silly question of the day. Maybe I'll be
surprised and find out the question actually makes sense...

I was painting some trim on a shaded side of the house today and
noticed a bit of dirt and mold on the white vinyl siding. I know there
are products that will clean the mold and brighten the siding a bit,
so I plan to do that.

Since there's not a lot of heavy thing required while painting trim,
my mind started to wander/wonder:

Would it make more sense to wash it before winter or wait until the
spring - or does it make no difference at all?

In other words, if more mold grows in the fall than in the spring, I
should wait until spring and get this year's growth off also. On the
other hand, if more mold grows in the spring, then I should attack it
now and give the new growth less to feast on.

Look, I said I was bored!
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

It's probably mildew, rather than mold, and it grows all the time. It
will surely grow faster at some times of the year. Mildew likes moist,
dark, and warm, as I recall.

I would wash it at the time that was most comfortable for me. Oh -- and
I would add something that *kills* mildew to the wash process.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 17, 9:04*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Just get laundry bleach and a garden sprayer, then wash it all down.
Mold eats paint.