Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default floor polishers

Are there any oak tongue and groove floor polishers which are as good as
Orange Glo, but maybe cheaper??

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rb" wrote in message
Are there any oak tongue and groove floor polishers which are as good as
Orange Glo, but maybe cheaper??

When we had a house that had hardwood and HAD NOT been upgraded to poly we
purchased a used commercial floor buffer for $75. All you need is the brush
and some buffing pads. I suggest you keep an eye on your local classifieds
in the paper or online.

When we moved we sold it for the same amount we paid when buying, so we used
it for 10 years for free.

I still see them in the local paper for less than $150.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

What kind of wax did you use? Many used to use Johnsons for floor buffing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
What kind of wax did you use? Many used to use Johnsons for floor buffing.

Back in the stone age in Indiana, almost all the hardwood I saw
installed was Bruce, with a factory finish, and the only products you
were supposed to use to clean and touch up the shine all said Bruce on
the can. Yeah, we had a light-duty version of one of those buffers, as
did many houses, since hardwood was the fashion back then, w/w carpet
still being made of wool, and only used by rich people. Now only rich
people can afford w/w t&g hardwood, and the carpet made from old pop
bottles is what us poor folk are stuck with.

--
aem sends...