DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning bearings and removing light rust (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/258132-cleaning-bearings-removing-light-rust.html)

blueman August 17th 08 06:55 AM

Cleaning bearings and removing light rust

Any suggestions on a good solution for cleaning bearings and removing
grime & potentially light rust?

(the bearings happen to be from my inline skates)

Thanks

Morris Dovey August 17th 08 08:03 AM

blueman wrote:
Any suggestions on a good solution for cleaning bearings and removing
grime & potentially light rust?

(the bearings happen to be from my inline skates)

PB Blaster

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

[email protected] August 17th 08 12:30 PM

On Aug 17, 12:55*am, blueman wrote:
Any suggestions on a good solution for cleaning bearings and removing
grime & potentially light rust?

(the bearings happen to be from my inline skates)

Thanks

Try he
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...te+clean ing#

DerbyDad03 August 17th 08 02:04 PM

On Aug 17, 3:03*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
blueman wrote:
Any suggestions on a good solution for cleaning bearings and removing
grime & potentially light rust?

(the bearings happen to be from my inline skates)

PB Blaster

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Brake Cleaner (CRC BrakLeen) then Lighter Fluid (Rosonol/Zippo, not
Kingsford)

Or spend some bucks and replace them with ceramic bearings.

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PRO...arings/Kit7810