DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Costco Toilet 150 MaP ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/257535-costco-toilet-150-map.html)

Tube Audio[_2_] August 9th 08 12:26 AM

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

Costco has a one piece Milim Globe Ridge Water Rdge # 386082 toilet reduced
from $280 to $164.

It has a rating of 150 MaP which is how many grams of waste it removes in a
single flus.

I believe that 150 MaP is really low and that this toilet would often need
to be plunged.

They say it lhas a large fully glazed trap. The trap way Min is 1 3/4 "

It is a dual flush HET High Efficiency Toilet

Costco usually dowsn't sell junk and was considering purchasing it, if there
were any problems they have a excellent return policy, but then again do I
want to remove it and reinstall another one?

Is this junk? Should I waste my time?

Joe August 9th 08 02:59 AM

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

On Aug 8, 6:26*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Costco has a one piece Milim Globe Ridge Water Rdge # 386082 toilet reduced
from $280 to $164.

It has a rating of 150 MaP which is how many grams of waste it removes in a
single flus.

I believe that 150 MaP is really low and that this toilet would often need
to be plunged.

They say it lhas a large fully glazed trap. *The trap way Min is 1 3/4 "

It is a dual flush HET High Efficiency Toilet

Costco usually dowsn't sell junk and was considering purchasing it, if there
were any problems they have a excellent return policy, but then again do I
want to remove it and reinstall another one?

Is this junk? *Should I waste my time?

Seems like the trap diameter is rather small to be as efficient as it
should. It might be perfect for a family of very small people who eat
light. More research is indicated.

Joe

Edwin Pawlowski August 9th 08 04:00 AM

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

"Tube Audio" wrote in message

They say it lhas a large fully glazed trap. The trap way Min is 1 3/4 "

It is a dual flush HET High Efficiency Toilet

Costco usually dowsn't sell junk and was considering purchasing it, if
there were any problems they have a excellent return policy, but then
again do I want to remove it and reinstall another one?

Is this junk? Should I waste my time?

There are toilets with 3" and 4" traps. That's what I'd go with. Spend a
few extra bucks for something that will last 30 years or more.

PeterD August 9th 08 02:15 PM

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 16:26:49 -0700, "Tube Audio"
wrote:

Costco has a one piece Milim Globe Ridge Water Rdge # 386082 toilet reduced
from $280 to $164.

It has a rating of 150 MaP which is how many grams of waste it removes in a
single flus.

Wow, one (small) turd at a time. That would be a lot of mid-stream
flushing for most of us! g

I believe that 150 MaP is really low and that this toilet would often need
to be plunged.

I'd agree with that.

They say it lhas a large fully glazed trap. The trap way Min is 1 3/4 "

I guess their definition of 'large' and the rest of the world's
definition varies by a large amount (sorry, could not resist)

It is a dual flush HET High Efficiency Toilet

Only when not used. Used, it would probably take about five flushes to
match a standard toilet.

Costco usually dowsn't sell junk

Well... g

and was considering purchasing it, if there
were any problems they have a excellent return policy, but then again do I
want to remove it and reinstall another one?

I can see it now:

"I'd like to return this toilet, it doesn't work well."
"Have you used it?"
"Of course"

Is this junk? Should I waste my time?

It's your time. You decide. I think you really know the answer, right?

Andy Energy August 11th 08 04:44 AM

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

On Aug 8, 4:26*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Costco has a one piece Milim Globe Ridge Water Rdge # 386082 toilet reduced
from $280 to $164.

It has a rating of 150 MaP which is how many grams of waste it removes in a
single flus.

I believe that 150 MaP is really low and that this toilet would often need
to be plunged.

They say it lhas a large fully glazed trap. *The trap way Min is 1 3/4 "

It is a dual flush HET High Efficiency Toilet

Costco usually dowsn't sell junk and was considering purchasing it, if there
were any problems they have a excellent return policy, but then again do I
want to remove it and reinstall another one?

Is this junk? *Should I waste my time?

Check this out http://www.sjrwmd.com/floridawaterst...erformance.pdf

If you buy a toilet that only flushes 150 grams you'll be sorry. Buy
a ToTo or better.

[email protected] August 20th 08 07:48 AM

Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

Check this out http://www.sjrwmd.com/floridawaterst...ures_by_perfor...

1) That version of the MaP report is from March 2007, and does not
list the Costco one piece toilet in question.

Here's a newer version (January 2008), with the Costco Waterridge EL 1-
piece listed with the horrendous 150 MaP:

"...minimum (250 grams) waste removal performance...recommended by MaP
Testing"
"...minimum (350 grams) waste removal performance...specified by the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for their WaterSense Program "

http://www.cwwa.ca/pdf_files/Map%201...%20Report1.pdf

I too, saw that 1-piece toilet at Costco and thought hey this looks
great, and 1/2 the price of the Toto Ultramaxes (MaP 700) I recently
bought for our 9-unit apartment building. Glad I checked online first!
I haven't used the Toto Ultramax but at least one tenant has said they
love it, compared to the Kohler Wellworth ELs (MaP 250) they
replaced.

I also was surprised Costco would carry such a badly rated
product....I would suspect this is a case of sloppy or no research
that slipped through at Costco, rather than a new trend (I hope!)

If you buy a toilet that only flushes 150 grams you'll be sorry. Buy
a ToTo or better.

2) More accurately: "Buy a toilet MaP rated 350 or better." All but 3
of 25 Toto toilets in the 2008 MaP report are above 350...however the
Toto EcoSupreme EL 1-piece is barely passing at 350.