Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag dryer gas valve replacement

I want to replace the gas valve for a Maytag dryer, model #DG382.

I need to switch the parts that convert it to propane from the old
valve, to the new valve.

I know I need to switch the orfice.

But apparently there's a plastic "washer" that I need to flip over.

The only plastic washer I can find is under a cap, in front of the
solenoids.

It has a spring below it, and it screws in. If I flip it over, there's
no way to screw it in.

So I suspect this is the wrong washer.

Valve,Butterfly valve,Globe valve,Check valve,Ball valve,Plug valve,Marine valve,Gate valve,Flow control valve [email protected] UK diy 1 April 17th 06 10:29 AM
Maytag Dryer Gas Valve Question Bgreer5050 Home Repair 3 October 15th 05 12:03 AM
Maytag gas dryer ivan Home Repair 3 August 16th 05 02:10 PM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 10:40 PM