DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Frigidaire dehumidifier and power interruptions (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/256581-frigidaire-dehumidifier-power-interruptions.html)

spam disintegrator July 28th 08 02:34 AM

Frigidaire dehumidifier and power interruptions

Ok, I've about had it with our Frigidaire dehumidifier and am looking
for a "hack" for it.

We've had this unit for 3 years or so and purchased it because it will
run at colder temperatures- our basement is very damp and under the
right conditions we sometimes need to run it a few times in the winter
time.

My only real problem with this unit is that it will not come back on
if the electricity goes out. And usually that's not a huge deal,
unless we're gone on vacation. Well, guess what? We got back from a
week long vacation and apparently the power blipped off and on during
a storm. The dehumidifier was not running and the power light was
blinking, as is the usual when the power has gone off. I turned it
back on and it's running fine again.

Now before posting this, I searched usenet postings for others with
this similar problem. I did see others complaining about this in a
couple posts a few weeks ago about choosing the right dehumidifier.
However, there were no solutions, other than returning it- and i'm way
way past being able to do that.

Anyone have any "hack" or work around for this problem? Surely
someone has already figured out a way to bypass this feature using
only parts from a spring loaded ball point pen, a soldering iron, and
some duct tape... I have faith in you, whoever you are, oh beloved
MacGyver apprentices...