Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What does it harm...

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 10:20 am, "JC" wrote:
"charlie" wrote in message

"JC" wrote in message
m...
when a power surge or lightening strike somewhere along the line cooks
microwave oven? Is there some internal breaker that can be replaced?
I'm
gettin tired of buying new ones every four to six months.

JC

there are internal fuses in microwaves that you can check. however, the
circuit board could also be fried and it will be cheaper to replace the
unit rather than repair it in that case.

Thanks folks. I've had the surge protectors. For some reason they work
everywhere else but on the dang microwaves. I even tried a couple of
expensive ones. I just bought another microwave so I'm going to take the
old
out to the workshop and take the cover off and look around. I was kinda
worried about radiation but I figure, heck in the military I worked for
awhile in an Atlas F missle silo and I'm still here.

JC

Maybe look into that circuit - outlet for grounding, house - panel
grounding and a surge protector on the panel, If its only the
microwave its likely that circuit wired wrong.

Thanks, been there done that. With every circuit in the place.

JC

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JC" wrote in message
m...

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 10:20 am, "JC" wrote:
"charlie" wrote in message

"JC" wrote in message
[...]

Have you had the main water pipe ground checked for a good connection? Do
you have ground rods installed? Is all of your internal metal piping
bonded? All of these will help with lightning protection and should be up
to par before you install surge suppressors.

You could try calling the power company and explain the situation. Perhaps
there is something that they could do for you. Maybe their ground rod at
the transformer is defective.