DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Patching vinal siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/255628-patching-vinal-siding.html)

[email protected] July 16th 08 11:04 AM

Patching vinal siding

While using the weed wacker I damaged my vinal siding (rock got slung
aganist it). Apparently it doesn't take much. The hole is about thumnail
size. What could use to patch this..? Is there a caulk type compound..?

I have several spare lengths of siding that the builder left or me. But
don't think it makes sense to replace a section for such a small area.
Thanks.

franz fripplfrappl July 16th 08 11:25 AM

Patching vinal siding

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:04:46 -0400, in2-dadark wrote:

While using the weed wacker I damaged my vinal siding (rock got slung
aganist it). Apparently it doesn't take much. The hole is about thumnail
size. What could use to patch this..? Is there a caulk type compound..?

I have several spare lengths of siding that the builder left or me. But
don't think it makes sense to replace a section for such a small area.
Thanks.

I've dinged my siding in the same way.

To repair small holes and such, I've cut a length of replacement siding
to cover the hole and then glued it. Yes, it's noticeable but less so
than the hole itself. By the way, I keep the width of the siding so it
matches what's there and then work it or trim it to match.

Franz Fripplfrappl

Limp Arbor July 16th 08 12:58 PM

Patching vinal siding

On Jul 16, 6:04*am, wrote:
While using the weed wacker I damaged my vinal siding (rock got slung
aganist it). Apparently it doesn't take much. The hole is about thumnail
size. What could *use to patch this..? Is there a caulk type compound..?

I have several spare lengths of siding *that the builder left or me. But
don't think it makes sense to replace a section for such a small area.
Thanks.

It is very easy to replace a piece of vynil siding. See he
http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/e...el/replace.htm

BTW you don't really need that tool, I used a cotter key extractor
many times. You can even 'unlock' a piece by pushing down at the
bottom. Takes 20 minutes tops to replace a 12' piece.

Stormin Mormon July 18th 08 03:19 AM

Patching vinal siding

Never heard of vinal siding. Anyone else know what that is?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon July 18th 08 03:19 AM

Patching vinal siding

What is vynil?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Shanghai McCoy[_2_] July 18th 08 03:24 AM

Patching vinal siding

Stormin Mormon wrote:
What is vynil?

Palstic! Hello!?

[email protected] July 18th 08 10:39 AM

Patching vinal siding

The builders tech repaired it for me when he came by to do another
repair under the 2nd year section of the warranty.. Now I can only see
the repaired section if I put my glasses on and look real close.

He used a silicone caulk that matches the color and he backed it up with
insulation. I guess he's got a lot of practice because it's as close to
perfect as you could get...

Even though I gave the product he used a good look, I still don't think
I'd be able to pick it out of all the choices at lowes. I guess I'd be a
general purpose or a window type exterior caulk...?

(I just used my spell check and it said 'vinal' is not incorrect...?) So
why all the anality..?

Smitty Two July 18th 08 05:17 PM

Patching vinal siding

In article ,
wrote:

The builders tech repaired it for me when he came by to do another
repair under the 2nd year section of the warranty.. Now I can only see
the repaired section if I put my glasses on and look real close.

He used a silicone caulk that matches the color and he backed it up with
insulation. I guess he's got a lot of practice because it's as close to
perfect as you could get...

Even though I gave the product he used a good look, I still don't think
I'd be able to pick it out of all the choices at lowes. I guess I'd be a
general purpose or a window type exterior caulk...?

(I just used my spell check and it said 'vinal' is not incorrect...?) So
why all the anality..?

Vinyl and vinal are two different things. Your siding is vinyl.

Stormin Mormon July 19th 08 03:00 AM

Patching vinal siding

Tahnks!

--