DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Apology and question Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/255384-apology-question-re-polaris-280-pool-cleaner.html)

jthread[_2_] July 13th 08 04:51 PM

Apology and question Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner

First off sorry for the crappy jokes. I was bored and took it out on some of you guys. I'll "try" to behave. This looks like a pretty cool group overall. If I get out-of-line just slap me. I'm usually harmless. g

Now the Polaris:

I purchased a 280 about 3 months ago. Everything else seems to be fine but the quick disconnect keeps getting stuck. I asked at the pool supply place, where I bought it, and they said it's a problem but to only use wd-40 on it instead of lube jelly. But it still keeps getting stuck to the point I have to get in the pool to disconnect it. It's as bad or worse as my old Polaris that I resorted to screwing/unscrewing in the universal wall fitting. I've emailed Polaris and read the manual but I'd like to hear what the group has experienced

Any suggestions?

TIA

Peace

Jim