DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to decommission septic tank (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/255290-how-decommission-septic-tank.html)

Dante M. Catoni[_2_] July 12th 08 01:17 AM

How to decommission septic tank

My house has been connected to the sewer for many years. I would like to
put an above ground pool in the back yard, but there is an old septic
tank there and I'm concerned that it could collapse under the weight.
What is the proper way to decommission the tank and about how much would
that cost? Getting a large truck to the tank is not a problem.

Thanks
Dante

Red July 12th 08 07:40 PM

How to decommission septic tank

On Jul 11, 9:18*pm, Claude Hopper
wrote:
Dante M. Catoni wrote:
My house has been connected to the sewer for many years. I would like to
put an above ground pool in the back yard, but there is an old septic
tank there and I'm concerned that it could collapse under the weight.
What is the proper way to decommission the tank and about how much would
that cost? Getting a large truck to the tank is not a problem.

Thanks
Dante

Just have a back hoe come in, remove the lid, then fill it with gravel
and relandscape the area.

He may not need a back hoe. Septic tank servicers routinely gain
access to the tank by using a big pry bar. Sand will do the same as
gravel and is easier to work with.
Red