Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sun Shield

I hung fence panels on the west side of my house to give it some shade
from the sun. Before I hung them the inside wall temp would be just
over 100F in the afternoon measured from inside the house the outside
walls would bearound 130F. The house has 2x4 walls with masonite
siding.

After installation the wall temp is at ambient room temp.
I was wondering whether or not this problem may be a indication that
the walls of my house were poorly insulated.

The panels are installed on the utility side of my house and it doesnt
look too bad blending in with a few fence panels I had previously
installed to shield the air conditioner, garbage cans and utility
connections from view. It is something I could live with.

Although it may be a little late to ask I was wondering if there is a
reason I shouldnt have done this.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 10, 4:28*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Can you take them down for winter heating?

Bob Hofmann
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 10, 5:28*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Only potential problems I can think of are based on method of
mounting.
Wind might cause panels to move and either tear the fasteners out of
the wall or cause the panels to bang against the wall.
If the panels are held close against the masonite, there might be mold
or mildew growth and you might develop wild life habitat.

The screen in front of the wall is a great idea and used in hot
climates.

Anyone use Laser Shield? Steve B Home Repair 0 May 11th 07 04:36 AM
Trend Air Shield Steve Woodworking 15 February 7th 07 05:48 PM
Triton Air Shield? Harry Curley Woodturning 8 October 24th 05 02:30 PM
Where Should Dense Shield be Used ? Vince Home Repair 1 July 1st 05 04:56 PM
face shield Dan Williams Woodturning 24 December 17th 04 05:02 PM