DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/254775-gasoline-prices-%2424-fill-up-my-lawn-mower.html)

Duff2 July 5th 08 04:57 PM

Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

RBM[_2_] July 5th 08 05:12 PM

"Duff2" wrote in message
What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

You must have a pretty small mower

Kevin Ricks July 5th 08 05:33 PM

Duff2 wrote:
What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

$24 @ $4.00/gal = 6 gallons. What lawnmower has a 6 gallon tank? My JD
rider holds ~1.5-2 gallons. I do find myself planning my lawn cutting
route to save gas.... Maybe I should coast downhill in neutral and
over-inflate my tires too.... like the 'hypermilers' are doing in their
cars.

Kevin

Wade Lippman July 5th 08 06:26 PM

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
Duff2 wrote:
What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

Costs me $20 to fill a five gallon can. My lawn tractor takes a whole
gallon for 2 lawn mowings. I have an acre lot.

I only have half an acre, but a gallon is good for maybe 25 mowings. You
must be doing something wrong.

S. Barker July 5th 08 07:56 PM

Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

try almost $50 for mine.

S. Barker July 5th 08 08:00 PM

Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

he was bs'ing you. There's not a machine on earth that will mow a half acre
on 5 ounces of gasoline.

"TD" wrote in message
"Wade Lippman" wrote in
:

Duff2 wrote:
What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

Costs me $20 to fill a five gallon can. My lawn tractor takes a whole
gallon for 2 lawn mowings. I have an acre lot.

I only have half an acre, but a gallon is good for maybe 25 mowings.
You must be doing something wrong.

Not necessarily. If there are a lot of trees to go around that will take
time. Also if the land is sloped, you have to go slower.

ransley July 5th 08 09:42 PM

What Bull ****, a troll.

RicodJour July 5th 08 10:10 PM

On Jul 5, 3:00 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
he was bs'ing you. There's not a machine on earth that will mow a half acre
on 5 ounces of gasoline.

A goat? But that produces five ounces of gas, it doesn't consume it.

Red Green July 6th 08 02:57 AM

Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

"S. Barker" wrote in
:

he was bs'ing you. There's not a machine on earth that will mow a
half acre on 5 ounces of gasoline.

"TD" wrote in message
"Wade Lippman" wrote in
:

Duff2 wrote:
What a shock to pay $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

Costs me $20 to fill a five gallon can. My lawn tractor takes a
whole gallon for 2 lawn mowings. I have an acre lot.

I only have half an acre, but a gallon is good for maybe 25 mowings.
You must be doing something wrong.

Not necessarily. If there are a lot of trees to go around that will
take time. Also if the land is sloped, you have to go slower.

I know some kids who would mow a half acre for 5 ozs.

S. Barker July 6th 08 06:07 AM

Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

"Red Green" wrote in message
"S. Barker" wrote in
:

he was bs'ing you. There's not a machine on earth that will mow a
half acre on 5 ounces of gasoline.

"TD" wrote in message
"Wade Lippman" wrote in
:

S. Barker July 6th 08 06:08 AM

Gasoline prices! $24 to fill up my lawn mower.

I hear that. better make 'em mow first....