DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Military Special, Lowes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/254292-military-special-lowes.html)

cshenk June 29th 08 01:18 AM

Military Special, Lowes

Not sure if this is just local but til 7JUL if you show ID card and ask in
advance (before they ring it up I assume), 10% discount.

Might be all Lowes?

Red Green June 29th 08 02:33 AM

Military Special, Lowes

"cshenk" wrote in
:

Not sure if this is just local but til 7JUL if you show ID card and
ask in advance (before they ring it up I assume), 10% discount.

Might be all Lowes?

Same in Fayetteville, NC. I hope so since Ft Bragg is up the street. As a
matter of fact, Ft Bragg is the entire town.

aemeijers June 29th 08 03:31 AM

Military Special, Lowes

Red Green wrote:
"cshenk" wrote in
:

Not sure if this is just local but til 7JUL if you show ID card and
ask in advance (before they ring it up I assume), 10% discount.

Might be all Lowes?

Same in Fayetteville, NC. I hope so since Ft Bragg is up the street. As a
matter of fact, Ft Bragg is the entire town.

Policy seems to be open to local interpretation. A year or two ago, I
was getting the discount at the local store, just by showing my DoD
Civilian ID card. Then one day, the lead cashier comes over and snottily
tells me it is for active-duty only. Didn't care enough to press the
issue, since I haven't needed to buy anything expensive there lately.

--
aem sends...

Red Green June 29th 08 04:24 AM

Military Special, Lowes

aemeijers wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
"cshenk" wrote in
:

Not sure if this is just local but til 7JUL if you show ID card and
ask in advance (before they ring it up I assume), 10% discount.

Might be all Lowes?

Same in Fayetteville, NC. I hope so since Ft Bragg is up the street.
As a matter of fact, Ft Bragg is the entire town.

Policy seems to be open to local interpretation. A year or two ago, I
was getting the discount at the local store, just by showing my DoD
Civilian ID card. Then one day, the lead cashier comes over and
snottily tells me it is for active-duty only. Didn't care enough to
press the issue, since I haven't needed to buy anything expensive
there lately.

--
aem sends...

Here it's "active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired and their
immediate families". Again, this is a major military town.