Old June 27th 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting the Glare On A Metal Roof

I will be building a modified A-Frame structure that will have a basic
(Menards) pole barn type screw down metal roof. It will be in a full sun
location . Since there will be such a large expanse of this stuff, is
there any way I can permanently reduce the reflectivity without
compromising the factory finish?

Curly

Old June 27th 08, 02:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 8:51�am, CurlyQue wrote:
I will be building a modified A-Frame structure that will have a basic
(Menards) pole barn type screw down metal roof. It will be in a full sun
location . Since there will be such a large expanse of this stuff, is
there any way I can permanently reduce the reflectivity without
compromising the factory finish?

Curly

pick a non glare finish.

if your area is hot pick a very light white or off white color, so you
dont bake yourself and the building.

A frames look attractive but arent very practical, little headroom on
tiny second floor.

why did you pick this design?
Old June 27th 08, 02:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Jun 27, 8:51�am, CurlyQue wrote:
I will be building a modified A-Frame structure that will have a basic
(Menards) pole barn type screw down metal roof. It will be in a full sun
location . Since there will be such a large expanse of this stuff, is
there any way I can permanently reduce the reflectivity without
compromising the factory finish?

Curly

pick a non glare finish.

if your area is hot pick a very light white or off white color, so you
dont bake yourself and the building.

A frames look attractive but arent very practical, little headroom on
tiny second floor.

why did you pick this design?

We always liked the look. This plan in particular has caught my fancy

http://tiny.cc/2sYTT

Ease of construction, no interior bearing walls, large expanses of
glass for solar gain and quality sight lines.

This will be our retirement cabin in rural west central Wisconsin. I am
not married to the idea though. We still have a year to decide on the
final design.

Thanks for your interest.

Curly