DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Caulking flashing on roof (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/253495-caulking-flashing-roof.html)

sinister June 19th 08 12:22 PM

Caulking flashing on roof

I'm closing on a house tomorrow. One thing the inspector pointed out was
two holes in the flashing on the roof. He said they needed to be caulked.

I'm pretty sure I can handle doing that, but I have no idea what kind of
caulk to use.

TIA,

Colbyt June 19th 08 12:51 PM

Caulking flashing on roof

"sinister" wrote in message
. ..
I'm closing on a house tomorrow. One thing the inspector pointed out was
two holes in the flashing on the roof. He said they needed to be caulked.

I'm pretty sure I can handle doing that, but I have no idea what kind of
caulk to use.

TIA,

100% pure clear silicone is what most people use. It does not store well
long term after opened so be generous in the application.

Colbyt

sinister June 20th 08 12:57 AM

Caulking flashing on roof

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

"sinister" wrote in message
. ..
I'm closing on a house tomorrow. One thing the inspector pointed out was
two holes in the flashing on the roof. He said they needed to be
caulked.

I'm pretty sure I can handle doing that, but I have no idea what kind of
caulk to use.

TIA,

100% pure clear silicone is what most people use. It does not store well
long term after opened so be generous in the application.

Thanks!

Colbyt