DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Grate polish (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/253254-grate-polish.html)

Den Murray June 16th 08 01:22 AM

Grate polish

All:

I'm in California and I need to get hold of (what I know as) grate black for
(unsurprisingly) blackening / polishing a hearth grate.

In the UK there was a product called ZEBO, which was a lead / graphite mix.
It seems to have been replaced with something called Stovax Black Grate
Polish. Anyone know where I can get this or something similar in the USA?
Google has failed me!

Thx

boden June 16th 08 01:53 AM

Grate polish

Den Murray wrote:
All:

I'm in California and I need to get hold of (what I know as) grate black for
(unsurprisingly) blackening / polishing a hearth grate.

In the UK there was a product called ZEBO, which was a lead / graphite mix.
It seems to have been replaced with something called Stovax Black Grate
Polish. Anyone know where I can get this or something similar in the USA?
Google has failed me!

Thx

Take a look here. If it's for a stove or fireplace they make it.

Boden

http://www.rutland.com/

Wayne Boatwright[_2_] June 16th 08 04:12 AM

Grate polish

On Sun 15 Jun 2008 05:22:10p, Den Murray told us...

All:

I'm in California and I need to get hold of (what I know as) grate black
for (unsurprisingly) blackening / polishing a hearth grate.

In the UK there was a product called ZEBO, which was a lead / graphite
mix. It seems to have been replaced with something called Stovax Black
Grate Polish. Anyone know where I can get this or something similar in
the USA? Google has failed me!

Thx

This is what you need...

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?item...CT&itemID=3676