DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FYI: DeWalt cordless drill recall (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/252966-fyi-dewalt-cordless-drill-recall.html)

Percival P. Cassidy June 12th 08 04:03 PM

FYI: DeWalt cordless drill recall

http://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters....y&letterID=565

Perce

DerbyDad03 June 12th 08 06:07 PM

FYI: DeWalt cordless drill recall

On Jun 12, 11:03*am, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:
http://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters....y&letterID=565

Perce

Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat,
posing a fire hazard to consumers

I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a
fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames
or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?

I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it
got hot enough to become a fire hazard.

Thoughts?

John June 12th 08 07:36 PM

wrote:
http://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters....y&letterID=565

Perce

Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat,
posing a fire hazard to consumers

I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a
fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames
or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?

I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it
got hot enough to become a fire hazard.

Thoughts?

Wearing Gloves...............

Jim Yanik June 12th 08 08:01 PM

FYI: DeWalt cordless drill recall

"John" wrote in
:

wrote:
http://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters....y&letterID=565

Perce

Hazard: The trigger switch of the cordless drill can overheat,
posing a fire hazard to consumers

I applaud DeWalt for the recall, but do you really think there is a
fire hazard? Could the switch really get hot enough to produce flames
or cause nearby combustibles to ignite?

I would think the user would have released the trigger long before it
got hot enough to become a fire hazard.

Thoughts?

Wearing Gloves...............

perhaps it overheats while OFF,when a battery is left mounted.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik