Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Discharging NiCad Cordless Battery Pack

Hello, first post here.

I know NiCad recharging has been discussed extensively here. I know this
because I tried to research my answer by searching previous discussions
and didn't find anything that would answer my question completely.

I have a three year old set of Craftsman 18 volt NiCad cordless drill and
flashlight. What I would like to know is that if I use the battery in the
drill until it is to weak to perform satisfactorily then swap it into the
flash light and leave it burning until the light goes out will there be
enough resistance in the light bulb to prevent the battery from
discharging completely and ruining the battery pack?

To infinity and beyond!