DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Casting concrete patterns in a patio (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/251935-casting-concrete-patterns-patio.html)

Zz Yzx June 1st 08 05:59 PM

Casting concrete patterns in a patio

Hi all;

I have a brick and mortar patio that I need to re-set. It was
originally put over native clayey soil and pea gravel, and the mortar
has disintegrated. (It's been nearly 25 yrs so I can't complain too
much).

I want to set an eight-point compass rose pattern in the center, using
forms and poured colored concrete. The rose pattern will be "inlaid"
in a circular or rectangular field of concrete maybe 3-5 feet across,
which will be surrounded by the brick/mortar patio.

Has anybody tried this? Any pitfalls? Will the sharp points of the
rose stand up to foot traffic and weather (Central Valley, N. Calif.)?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz