DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Guide to Electric Air Compressors for home shops (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/251449-guide-electric-air-compressors-home-shops.html)

LW May 27th 08 09:39 PM

Guide to Electric Air Compressors for home shops

http://easyurl.net/Compressors

Joe May 27th 08 10:54 PM

On May 27, 3:39*pm, LW wrote:
http://easyurl.net/Compressors

Excellent overview of air compressors. Recommended.

Joe

William Noble May 28th 08 04:17 AM

"Joe" wrote in message
On May 27, 3:39 pm, LW wrote:
http://easyurl.net/Compressors

Excellent overview of air compressors. Recommended.

Joe

yes, good article - I would strongly disagree with only one statement and
that was the avoidance of industrial pumps - I have an industrial compressor
(Quincy) with a 5 hp single phase motor (compressor and motor weigh in at
near 1000 pounds) - it is hugely nicer than the homeowner specials and runs
nicely all day - and you can get these used for about what a "homeowner
special" costs. And if you get a good deal on a compressor with a 3 phase
motor, a couple of hundred $ will buy you a VFD to soft start and run it
nicely.