Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer puller assembly, Whirlpool electric, Question??

Many years ago on this very group I learned all about dryer pulleys
and how to replace them.

Have done about three or four for friends and family.

Current dryer pulley is noisy. Wife is being noisy about it.

As far as I know, if it still works, I got no reason to fix it yet,
right. In other words, leaving to work, albeit a bit noisy, it
doesn't hurt anything, right??.

Trying to get past a rough patch of finances for the next month or
two, if anything....
Posted to alt.home.repair

We understand tight finances, but the whole kit (rollers, belt,
tensioner) is only about $30. If the tensioner seizes up on you, the
motor will burn up the belt and you'll smell burning rubber.

Try oiling the tensioner to get you by this rough patch. Not a long
term fix (oil attracts lint), but will probably work.

On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:16:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Many years ago on this very group I learned all about dryer pulleys
and how to replace them.

Have done about three or four for friends and family.

Current dryer pulley is noisy. Wife is being noisy about it.

As far as I know, if it still works, I got no reason to fix it yet,
right. In other words, leaving to work, albeit a bit noisy, it
doesn't hurt anything, right??.

Trying to get past a rough patch of finances for the next month or
two, if anything....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer pulley assembly, Whirlpool electric, Question??

I don't find that silly spray has any lasting qualities...my choice
would be Tri-Flo (teflon/oil) or regular oil (as you said).