DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Roofing question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/251347-roofing-question.html)

gntry May 26th 08 09:33 PM

Roofing question

I'm in the process of doing a complete tear off and install on my addition
and my question is,
I have the ice shield on, now does the first layer of felt paper go on top
of that or do I start it 30"
up and start with a 6"overlap?
Town ordinance says inspection must be done after ice shield is installed.
What are they looking for?
Can't continue until inspector signs off.
Thanks.
NY

Red Green May 27th 08 04:09 AM

Roofing question

"gntry" wrote in news:M8F_j.3077$3f1.511@trndny02:

I'm in the process of doing a complete tear off and install on my
addition and my question is,
I have the ice shield on, now does the first layer of felt paper go on
top of that or do I start it 30"
up and start with a 6"overlap?
Town ordinance says inspection must be done after ice shield is
installed. What are they looking for?
Can't continue until inspector signs off.
Thanks.
NY

A roofer told me the felt starts up from the WSU. What did mfgr say on the
box about it? Anything? Is that where you got the 30" from?