Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dishwasher does not drain

I self-installed a dishwasher which I am certain works correctly. I
hooked it all up and ran it. Water does not drain out of it. I took
out the dishwasher, unhooked the hose and inspected it for
obstructions; none were found. The remaining water in the dishwasher
drained out once disconnected, so there was no obstruction from the
interior of the dishwasher to the hose hookup.

Having established that there is no obstruction preventing water from
draining... what could it be? This is the 2nd dishwasher I have
attempted to install and the 1st one also had the same issue, so I
find it difficult to believe that replacing the dishwasher again would
solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice or suggestions you may have!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rynato" wrote in message
I self-installed a dishwasher which I am certain works correctly. I
hooked it all up and ran it. Water does not drain out of it. I took
out the dishwasher, unhooked the hose and inspected it for
obstructions; none were found. The remaining water in the dishwasher
drained out once disconnected, so there was no obstruction from the
interior of the dishwasher to the hose hookup.

Having established that there is no obstruction preventing water from
draining... what could it be? This is the 2nd dishwasher I have
attempted to install and the 1st one also had the same issue, so I
find it difficult to believe that replacing the dishwasher again would
solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice or suggestions you may have!

Did you also replace the garbage disposer at the same time and forget to
knock out the plug in the disposer dishwasher connection?

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 1:18*pm, "Tom G" wrote:

[...]

the garbage disposer was not changed out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 23, 8:38*am, "Art" wrote:
Was it a drawer model? *Their hoses have to be carefully routed per the
installation manual or they kink.

"rynato" wrote in message

I self-installed a dishwasher which I am certain works correctly. I
hooked it all up and ran it. Water does not drain out of it. I took
out the dishwasher, unhooked the hose and inspected it for
obstructions; none were found. The remaining water in the dishwasher
drained out once disconnected, so there was no obstruction from the
interior of the dishwasher to the hose hookup.

Having established that there is no obstruction preventing water from
draining... what could it be? This is the 2nd dishwasher I have
attempted to install and the 1st one also had the same issue, so I
find it difficult to believe that replacing the dishwasher again would
solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice or suggestions you may have!

There was previously installed a dishwasher, I was just replacing it.

I do not know what a 'drawer' model is. This is the kind you slide in
under the counter and then adjust the feet to the proper height, I
thought all dishwashers were like that???

I am beginning to suspect that perhaps the drainage hose needs to be
situated 'just right', or maybe it is kinking as you suggested. I'll
try to check into that but it's hard to work in that space... any
suggestions how to route the hose?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pull out the DW and test run it with the drain hose going into the
sink. If it drains fine, either the drain line is being kinked when
you push it back, or you have a blockage where the drain line connects
to.

Will dishwasher drain if sink doesn't drain and garbage disposal is rusted in place. mm Home Repair 2 August 20th 06 03:08 AM
Dishwasher won't drain Zeppo Home Repair 1 April 20th 06 02:44 PM
Dishwasher won't drain Al Davis Home Repair 10 March 15th 05 05:45 PM
Dishwasher Drain Greg Home Repair 2 June 8th 04 11:54 AM
dishwasher drain Bryan Home Repair 4 February 28th 04 04:08 AM