DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Custom carpenter needed (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/250707-custom-carpenter-needed.html)

cleo924 May 20th 08 01:29 PM

Custom carpenter needed

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

dadiOH[_3_] May 20th 08 02:04 PM

Custom carpenter needed

cleo924 wrote:
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Room & board included? I'm assuming travel expense is...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

JoeSpareBedroom May 20th 08 03:14 PM

Custom carpenter needed

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

gpsman May 20th 08 03:23 PM

Custom carpenter needed

On May 20, 8:29 am, cleo924 wrote:
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

You're welcome...
-----

- gpsman

JoeSpareBedroom May 20th 08 03:28 PM

Custom carpenter needed

wrote in message
On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:14:30 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying
someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an architect,
and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they can recommend a
fancy carpenter.

JoeSpareBedroom May 20th 08 03:46 PM

Custom carpenter needed

wrote in message
On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:28:42 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying
someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an architect,
and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they can recommend
fancy carpenter.

I don't think you sound as if you are right for this job. Sorry.

Hey...I have nails, and all the correct screwdrivers for hammering them in.

Banty May 20th 08 03:48 PM

Custom carpenter needed

In article ,
cleo924 says...

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

I wanted a kitchen table and bench custom made with tile inlay. (Seriously.)

What I did was to look on the internet, using my state name (New York State),
common parlance for my region in that state ("Hudson Valley") and "custom
carpentry". On Yahoo I got a hit for several; most had galleries of their work
on display on their websites.

I called the one that had a custom tile-top table in his gallery, which showed
me he had, or had access to, both of the two skills I needed (tiling as well as
custom carpentry).

The result is fantastic, hard maple with two contrasting stains and tile inlay,
and under the price of the higher-end kitchen tables I was looking at. There
seems to be a big jump in price and quality between furniture store-chain tables
and higher end tables. The price I got this totally custom table and bench was
just above the chain store prices.

So thats the route I recommend.

Banty

Smitty Two May 20th 08 04:10 PM

Custom carpenter needed

wrote:

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying
someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an architect,
and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they can recommend a
fancy carpenter.

Good lord, man, butlers don't make phone calls. That's a petty task left
to much lesser servants.

George May 20th 08 08:00 PM

Custom carpenter needed

wrote:

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying
someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an architect,
and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they can recommend a
fancy carpenter.

Silly, your personal assistant does such things...

charlie May 20th 08 08:20 PM

Custom carpenter needed

"George" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying
someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an
architect, and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they
can recommend a fancy carpenter.

Silly, your personal assistant does such things...

why wouldn't my personal shopper do this?

JoeSpareBedroom May 20th 08 08:24 PM

Custom carpenter needed

"charlie" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying
someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an
architect, and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they
can recommend a fancy carpenter.

Silly, your personal assistant does such things...

why wouldn't my personal shopper do this?

Too busy shopping to fill the custom cabinet you're trying to have built by
the custom carpenter you can't find.

RicodJour May 20th 08 08:57 PM

Custom carpenter needed

On May 20, 8:29 am, cleo924 wrote:
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

What does the elevation of their posterior have to do with their
qualifications? Why does the carpenter have to be constipated?
You're a very confusing person.

DGDevin May 20th 08 09:45 PM

Custom carpenter needed

cleo924 wrote:

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Cue 70s porn movie music.

David Nebenzahl May 20th 08 11:31 PM

Custom carpenter needed

On 5/20/2008 5:29 AM cleo924 spake thus:

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

OK, I can be there in half an hour.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

Red Green May 21st 08 04:46 AM

Custom carpenter needed

cleo924 wrote in news:7c7d2cf0-882e-4f53-a37e-
:

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

One of my cats name is Cleo. Do I get Brownie points?

Red Green May 21st 08 04:57 AM

Custom carpenter needed

cleo924 wrote in news:7c7d2cf0-882e-4f53-a37e-
:

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

This is not like that movie Misery where Kathy Bates gets James Cann in her
house, busts his heel with a hammer and holds him prisoner is it?

Rheilly Phoull[_2_] May 21st 08 12:07 PM

Custom carpenter needed

cleo924 wrote:
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

Hmmm, looks like you rattled a few cages here :-)

Rheilly P

JoeSpareBedroom May 21st 08 04:41 PM

Custom carpenter needed/ weed puller

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I need to have some dental work done.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

I am looking for someone to pull some weeds.
Thanks in advance

Send the slave over here when done. I need a vicious rose bush moved.

Smitty Two May 21st 08 04:50 PM

"cleo924" wrote in message
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

I am looking for someone to pull some weeds.
Thanks in advance

You need to be more specific. Do you need a rough weed puller, or a
finish weed puller?

gpsman May 21st 08 04:52 PM

Custom carpenter needed

On May 21, 8:59 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I need to have some dental work done.

I need a rich young dumb nymphomaniac...

http://potty.vox.com/library/audio/6...b97decb8f.html
-----

- gpsman

Rudy May 22nd 08 09:09 AM

Custom carpenter needed/ weed puller

After that, he can do my tooth.

I just got a quote for "3 crowns" from the dentist today:

$ 2471.00 !!!
What are they using ?? GOLD ?? ( actually, Yes )