DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Air Conditioning/Thermostat Selection (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/250372-re-air-conditioning-thermostat-selection.html)

randallbrink May 17th 08 01:33 PM

Air Conditioning/Thermostat Selection

On May 16, 7:03*pm, "Telstra" wrote:
POST the make and model # of thermostat

"randallbrink" wrote in message

I have a puzzling problem. *When I select "Cool" on my thermostat, the
central fan does not come on, and so, while the air conditioner
outside runs, it quickly freezes, as there is no air movement. *On the
other hand, if I select the heat-cool switch to "Off" and turn the fan
"On" the fan works fine. But if while the fan is running, I move the
Heat-Cool switch to "Cool" the fan shuts off. *I have replace the
thermostat, and have the same problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as the outdoor temperature is
now 90F.

The first was an AprilAire 8363, the new one a Honeywell T87N