Posted to alt.home.repair

Default flooring stuff

I just got my laminated flooring done and would like to put everything back
downstairs, but would like to have an extra cushion for some of my heavier
items like my TV / TV stand , reclining chair , and that kind of stuff.

Is there a certain type of padding for these kinds of items that I could buy
at home depot that is commonly used when putting heavier items on wood
flooring ?

sorry for the noobish question.

john

Posted to alt.home.repair

"john" wrote

I just got my laminated flooring done and would like to put everything back
downstairs, but would like to have an extra cushion for some of my heavier
items like my TV / TV stand , reclining chair , and that kind of stuff.

Felt backed wooden discs like folks use for cold drippy glasses. Works
well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

john wrote:
I just got my laminated flooring done and would like to put
everything back downstairs, but would like to have an extra cushion
for some of my heavier items like my TV / TV stand , reclining chair
, and that kind of stuff.
Is there a certain type of padding for these kinds of items that I
could buy at home depot that is commonly used when putting heavier
items on wood flooring ?

sorry for the noobish question.

Sure. They've got all manner of them at the box stores. They've got disks of
various sizes and colors to put under the legs - some with felt, some with
nylon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

john wrote:
I just got my laminated flooring done and would like to put
everything back downstairs, but would like to have an extra cushion
for some of my heavier items like my TV / TV stand , reclining chair
, and that kind of stuff.
Is there a certain type of padding for these kinds of items that I
could buy at home depot that is commonly used when putting heavier
items on wood flooring ?

sorry for the noobish question.

Oh, and to rest you mind somewhat: I'm sure you've got some scraps left
over. Try various methods of abusing the laminate material - hit it with a
hammer, try scratching it with a wood rasp, put a sliver in a glass of water
for a week, try driving a nail through it.

They should build battleships outa that stuff.

Where do you put all this stuff? Neillarson Woodturning 15 May 16th 07 09:39 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM
What was that stuff? SteveB Metalworking 6 July 23rd 05 07:14 PM
stuff William Hayes Metalworking 0 March 3rd 05 02:43 AM
Natura engineered wooden flooring from Flooring Supplies - any experiences? Mark Walters UK diy 3 February 15th 05 09:24 PM