DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   In-line water filter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/250091-line-water-filter.html)

readthesmile May 14th 08 06:58 PM

In-line water filter

I have used this type of filter before and installed them. In the
house we now have it would almost take a permit to move the stupid
"counter" height fridge and no room on back for anything. The water
supply hose has a lagre coil of poly line inside the fridge behind a
plastic cover. Any reason I could not install an in-line filter on the
inside ? It is same line that comes from tap coils about 20 ft. then
goes to ice/water dispensed. The coil in NOT on the freezer side..
Thanks

DerbyDad03 May 14th 08 11:46 PM

In-line water filter

On May 14, 1:58*pm, readthesmile wrote:
I have used this type of filter before and installed them. In the
house we now have it would almost take a permit to move the stupid
"counter" height fridge and no room on back for anything. The water
supply hose has a lagre coil of poly line inside the fridge behind a
plastic cover. Any reason I could not install an in-line filter on the
inside ? It is same line that comes from tap coils about 20 ft. then
goes to ice/water dispensed. The coil in NOT on the freezer side..
Thanks

No reason that I can think of not to do it other than space.

My fridge filter is almost a foot long and 3" in diameter.