Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint

So is it time for the paint threads? We're going to be doing exterior wood
trim, and want really good paint for one go-round and long life.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 12, 6:57*pm, clifto wrote:
So is it time for the paint threads? We're going to be doing exterior wood
trim, and want really good paint for one go-round and long life.

We always cite Consumer Reports first and then the arguments devolve
into personal preferences based on limited experience. Sometime there
is consensus about Benjamin Moore or other good local brands not
tested by CR. And then finally someone pops up with "Read the label,
Dummy" or similar when the failure appears to be poor prep work.
Whattheheck...it's all educational.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
clifto wrote:

So is it time for the paint threads? We're going to be doing exterior wood
trim, and want really good paint for one go-round and long life.

The best paint I know of for long life goes by the name of preparation.
Paint seems to last forever, it just has an annoying tendency to let go
of whatever it's put on after a bit.