Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wood Rot in Sub-Floor

Hi-
We are replacing our ceramic tile floor and sub floor and have
discovered that there is some minor wood rot on the tops of some of
the beams (about 1/2 inch deep). Is it possible to repair this damage
and would that pass an inspection in the future? If so, what are the
best ways to repair this type of rot?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 12:04*pm, evodawg wrote:
wrote:
Hi-
We are replacing our ceramic tile floor and sub floor and have
discovered that there is some minor wood rot on the tops of some of
the beams (about 1/2 inch deep). *Is it possible to repair this damage
and would that pass an inspection in the future? *If so, what are the
best ways to repair this type of rot?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks!

Just sister some new ones in. Do you know what I mean when I say sister?

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I think that you mean just add another 2x4 on the side of the rooted
boards, right? Do we need to treat the rot?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On May 10, 12:04 pm, evodawg wrote:

I think that you mean just add another 2x4 on the side of the rooted
boards, right? Do we need to treat the rot?

If you do not understand loads and beams, sister them with the same size as
the existing member.

If the joists are 2x8 use a 2x8. You may waste a little wood but you can't
go wrong doing it this way.

--
Colbyt