Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Tuneup on Craftsman lawnmower

I just bought a tune up kit with filter, oil and spark plug, I can't
find the manual does anyone know where I can find the correct gap info
on the spark plug online?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Use 0.030" gap
Posted to alt.home.repair

..025

"Joe" wrote in message
I just bought a tune up kit with filter, oil and spark plug, I can't
find the manual does anyone know where I can find the correct gap info
on the spark plug online?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 12:41*pm, Joe wrote:
I just bought a tune up kit with filter, oil and spark plug, I can't
find the manual does anyone know where I can find the correct gap info
on the spark plug online?

As long as you're tuning the thing up, pull the cover and take a good
look at the key that holds the flywheel in position, If it looks the
least bit worn or crooked, replace it.

I had a lot of trouble starting my mower, which then ran like crap
once started, until someone in this group suggested the flywheel key.
SInce I replaced it last year it has started better than it ever has,
even when it was new. Never more than 2 easy pulls when cold, 1/2 a
pull when warm.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 10, 8:32 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
.025

anyone wanna break the tie or should I go with .0275?