Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT...Mechanics Insurance

How do I insure my tools that are left at my place of employment? I
have over 20k of property. If someone breaks in, I would like it
covered. My homeowners policy says my personal stuff is covered
anywhere, but only if it is used for personal use. If it is used for
business/employment, it is not covered.

Any advice appreciated
Pat
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 9, 12:11�pm, komobu wrote:
How do I insure my tools that are left at my place of employment? I
have over 20k of property. If someone breaks in, I would like it
covered. My homeowners policy says my personal stuff is covered
anywhere, but only if it is used for personal use. If it is used for
business/employment, it is not covered.

Any advice appreciated
Pat

ask agent, for rider to cover your tools.

ask employeer if a existing policy of theirs covers it
Posted to alt.home.repair

Or, if you are an employed handyman, eligible for "Business Owner's Policy"
or BOP. Like homeowners comprehensive ins for business owners. You will pay
about 1k a year, tho...