Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting house exterior

On May 7, 11:59*am, wrote:
On May 7, 9:46*am, ransley wrote:

On May 7, 11:23*am, wrote:

I'll be soon painting the exterior of my house. The house is mostly
stucco with some lap siding. It's a single story house. I own a pretty
good sprayer. Here are some questions I have:

Some of the fascia board around the garage are wasted (2x4 in size). I
want to replace them. What do I buy at say Home Depot to do this?
Redwood? Or?? The other fascia that's in better condition I was going
to sand down with say 80 grit, then prime and paint.

How do I spray the very high areas without having to move the ladder a
million times? I have a sprayer extension, but that's for ceilings.
Anything I should use?

Typically I plan on powering wash the exterior a couple days before,
do some prep work and then start from the top eves and work down.

I have a garage door that's sectional. What's the trick to painting
those?

Last, since the house is part stucco, do I have to use stucco paint on
the stucco and then switch over to standard exterior for the lap
siding?

Thanks guys!

Use pine for the trim, yes move *the ladder it goes fast, Stucco
paint, it must be a new marketing gimmic, just use good exterior latex
and dont paint in sun or on a hot surface.- Hide quoted text -

Hello, the stucco paint is elastomeric, it's like a "rubberized" paint
that is suppose to expand and have good capabilities in filling small
cracks. I wonder if it can be sprayed.- Hide quoted text -

Exterior Latex has been the standard for as long as I can remember,
its recommended and works on concrete and Stucco, Latex expands and
contracts. There are jobs ive done 25 years ago that are fine. Its
industry standard to use quality exterior latex on stucco.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 7, 11:26*am, ransley wrote:
On May 7, 11:59*am, wrote:

On May 7, 9:46*am, ransley wrote:

On May 7, 11:23*am, wrote:

[...]

industry standard to use quality exterior latex on stucco.- Hide quoted text -

I'm leaning towards that, it will be easier since I believe the
elastromeric cannot be sprayed on wood, that means I'd have to spray
the eves with latex, then clean, then spray the stucco.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 7, 11:59*am, wrote:

On May 7, 9:46*am, ransley wrote:

On May 7, 11:23*am, wrote:

[...]

elastomeric (fancy name) paint = acrylic latex.

Yes it is suitable for wood... can be sprayed... it's what I use on my
stucco.

Painting house exterior dpb Home Repair 2 May 8th 08 06:40 AM
Question on spray painting house exterior [email protected] Home Ownership 2 May 13th 06 05:19 AM
Painting house exterior mreks UK diy 8 July 21st 05 05:29 PM
Need advice - painting exterior of house stepdawn Home Ownership 1 September 14th 04 07:29 PM
Exterior House Painting-What to Ask Potential Contractors? ELL Home Repair 3 February 6th 04 12:27 AM